My grandparents aren't very bright, they bought a BlackBerry Curve 8330 for my birthday, which is great, but they bought a Sprint one and I need it on Alltel. I've been searching forever to see if there is a way to upload a different OS or unlock the phone but I have only been able to find out stuff for GSM phones.

I need help finding this information if it is availiable, if not I guess I'll have to see if the store they bought it at can take it back. Please help me!
    05-31-08 03:44 AM
    CDMA Phones do not need to be unlocked like GMS Phones since they don't have a SIM Card. You would need to see if Alltel is willing to add the ESN (Electronic Serial Number) of your BlackBerry to their network.
    05-31-08 07:45 AM
    But doesn't Alltel have to program the phone and isn't that different for different services? Could I just fool them by loading an Alltel OS? And does anyone have a link to Alltel's current Curve os? And how to load it?
    05-31-08 01:02 PM
    With a CDMA device the ESN need to be allowed on the carrier's network or it won't work regardless of what you do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 03:06 PM
    A sprint phone will NOT work on Alltel's network, yes both are CDMA but Sprint uses a diff frequency. Verizon and Alltel use the same CDMA freq, they are actually roaming partners in some areas.
    05-31-08 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD