I have a question regarding running 2 carriers on one phone.

I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9700 running on the Telus network in Canada. I will be traveling in the US for 3 weeks and I have a cheapo Motorola i series phone that I used to use that is registered to Boost Mobile.

Is there a way that I can unlock my bold so that I can run the Boost SIM in it? I really don't care if my BIS and data services work over Boosts network. I would just rather use my Blackberry because all my contacts and calendar are setup on it.

Also, would I be able to access my BBM and other blackberry apps while in WiFi mode at when it is enabled using the Boost Mobile SIM card or do those use BIS even when connected via WiFi?
    03-29-10 12:47 PM
    Boost won't function on a GSM network.
    03-29-10 08:46 PM
    I have a question regarding running 2 carriers on one phone.

I currently have a Blackberry Bold 9700 running on the Telus network in Canada. I will be traveling in the US for 3 weeks and I have a cheapo Motorola i series phone that I used to use that is registered to Boost Mobile.

Is there a way that I can unlock my bold so that I can run the Boost SIM in it? I really don't care if my BIS and data services work over Boosts network. I would just rather use my Blackberry because all my contacts and calendar are setup on it.

Also, would I be able to access my BBM and other blackberry apps while in WiFi mode at when it is enabled using the Boost Mobile SIM card or do those use BIS even when connected via WiFi?
    You can only use Boost SIM cards in Boost phones so that won't work, but you can get a prepaid T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card with some good offers.
    03-30-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD