ppl who have done this which method have you guys used? did you pay for a code or did you do the my tmobile thing from the sticky from pltaylor?
    01-30-09 01:57 PM
    i bought my bold when i was an at&t customer and then called customer service and asked for the unlock code
    01-30-09 03:11 PM
    i bought my bold when i was an at&t customer and then called customer service and asked for the unlock code
    would that work if i buy the phone out right from them?
    01-30-09 03:25 PM
    01-30-09 03:29 PM
    just did mine two days ago. went from a TMO curve to ATT&T Bold still on a TMO acct. I purchased an unlock code for 19.99 here Mobile Phone Unlocking | UniquePhones . They email the code fairly quick and worked like a charm.

after you get the code from the above link go to the below link and follow the instructions. It may look hard but just follow the instructions which in reality is quite simple:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/unl...ns-bold-59946/
    01-30-09 03:34 PM
    Paid $9 on ebay. Look for any seller with a large feedback. Ordered before I went to sleep and got the code when I woke up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 03:41 PM
    so the sticky from pltaylor doesnt work?
    01-30-09 03:45 PM
    so the sticky from pltaylor doesnt work?
    The sticky gives information on how to do a setup for use of an ATT unlocked on a TM wireless service account. <service software related>

The sticky has nothing to do with the unlocking of the phone. <phone operating system related>

If you do not know what the term 'unlocked' means then do a forum search since this matter has been discussed many, many times ...
    01-30-09 07:24 PM
    so is there anyway to unlock the bold for free
    01-31-09 01:16 AM
    so is there anyway to unlock the bold for free
    This matter has been discussed many times on this forum. You should do a search.

If you are an ATT customer using a locked ATT phone then ATT will unlock your phone after you tell them that you planning to travel overseas.

If you are not on ATT then there are many reasonably priced unlock code services, about $10-$16, the turn around should be a day or less ...here again, do a forum search to find reputable service.

Or, you might luck out and some crackberry friend may PM you and provide it for free.
    01-31-09 10:12 AM
    You no longer need to use the above method for service books either. Tmobile now has the proper bold service books so all you have to do is insert the sim. (Y)

01-31-09 02:47 PM
    Tmobile is a major PITA about subsidy unlock. I tried to unlock my 8320 after I left their service and its been a nightmare. Finally my piece of mind was at stake so I just went on ebay and unlocked it for 8.88 just look for dr.unlock or something like that he's legit!

01-31-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD