Today I bought again a blackberry bold and I want to know how to unlock it if anyone noes how without paying ?
    02-26-09 05:17 PM
    Unfortunately, I believe all the unlocking codes are a paid service.
    02-26-09 05:32 PM
    If you know someone with an ATT account then u can get them to call ATT and get the code for free. I did that today and it took only 5 mins. Just have the IMEI # ready

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 05:37 PM
    GOOGLE Blackberry MFI.

Use at own risk.

Cheers.
    02-26-09 05:44 PM
    I recently unlocked mine for 4.88 on ebay... If you're interested I can find the seller in my email and point you in the right direction. He emailed me the code within 2hrs, and I was happily unlocked.
    02-26-09 05:52 PM
    There are ways to do it yourself. But I think itd be easier just to pay like 5 bucks to get it unlocked via ebay.

02-26-09 07:24 PM
    If you know someone with an ATT account then u can get them to call ATT and get the code for free. I did that today and it took only 5 mins. Just have the IMEI # ready

Ok how did you do this?
    I just called ATT and sat on hold with this clueless lady for 15 minutes while she tried to give me a code. Then she said she couldn't do it as when i went over seas i wouldn't be using ATT anymore but she would transfer me to the international department so I could set up my phone for international usage.

How did you get it done so easily?
    02-26-09 09:09 PM
    I recently unlocked mine for 4.88 on ebay... If you're interested I can find the seller in my email and point you in the right direction. He emailed me the code within 2hrs, and I was happily unlocked.
    Can you give me the ebay sellers name? Thanks.
    02-26-09 09:10 PM
    I have used the following services to unlock phones and have found them to both be excellent to deal with.

Fast Unlock USA offers services via Ebay and can unlock most Blackberrys for $9.88

You will get the code and instructions with 30 minutes.
    Welcome to UnlockUSA

I have also used Horizon Wireless Online and have good experiences with them as well. They advertise here on Crackberry.
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center

Your carrier can also provide you the unlock codes at no charge as well.
    02-26-09 10:19 PM
    i got my unlock code for free in under 5min.
    use the online chat with AT&T
    dont ever pay for an unlock code. ppfftt.
    02-26-09 10:57 PM

What did you tell them when you chatted with them? I just called and they told me I would have to fax some crap to them and a few other things before they would give me a code.
    02-26-09 11:09 PM
    But without a plan with them can you unlock with can u still for free? And how do you online chat with them if you can please give us a link?
    Last edited by hilu80; 02-27-09 at 12:03 AM.
    02-26-09 11:55 PM
    Ok how did you do this?
    I just called ATT and sat on hold with this clueless lady for 15 minutes while she tried to give me a code. Then she said she couldn't do it as when i went over seas i wouldn't be using ATT anymore but she would transfer me to the international department so I could set up my phone for international usage.

Wow that's pretty incredible. I just called AT&T customer support and told them I was going overseas and needed to unlock my phone. She asked for my IMEI # and read my code to me about 3 minutes later.

02-27-09 01:35 AM
    If you want go to horizonwireless.com and use the discount code "economy" and get $10 off. That brings the total down to $5.95

02-27-09 03:14 AM
    Wow that's pretty incredible. I just called AT&T customer support and told them I was going overseas and needed to unlock my phone. She asked for my IMEI # and read my code to me about 3 minutes later.

So they didn't try to make you add an international plan to your phone? Ok I'm going to call back again.
    Thanks
    02-27-09 04:57 PM
    Theirs a thread on her somewhere that has a 916 # that you can call and get your phone unlocked. It is with ATT. You call them and they email you the unlock code within 2-7 days I believe. Search it...im sure it will pop up.
    02-27-09 05:40 PM
    I have also used Horizon Wireless Online and have good experiences with them as well. They advertise here on Crackberry.
    HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center
    Just tried going here and was presented with a message that said "This account is currently unavailable due to technical/billing issues. "

Not an encouraging sign.
    02-27-09 05:49 PM
    So they didn't try to make you add an international plan to your phone? Ok I'm going to call back again.
    Thanks
    You might get away with saying something like you're going out of the country on business and they want you to use a company owned SIM card for the location you will be at. At least that sounds convincing in my head.
    02-27-09 05:50 PM
    I might be a bit daft here but what are the advantages of unlocking a Bold, or is it just so that you can use on any network you choose ?
    02-27-09 05:52 PM
    Ok how did you do this?

This has been written 157 times before, but if that happens with a CSR, hang up, call back and try again. I got an unlock code from an AT&T rep in about 90 seconds.
    02-27-09 05:57 PM
    Ok how did you do this?

I called using my cousin's ATT account since I'm with tmobile. I told her I'm going abroad to study next month. She asked for the account phone number and last 4 ssn digits and then gave me the code. You shouldn't have to pay for the code.

02-27-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD