I purchased a Bold 9700 on a plan with 3 mobile (3 Hutchison). As I would like to use an Optus sim with the phone I purchased an unlock code from Unlockcodes.com.au. They have since sent me one code that does not work - I get an error message "code error; please wait..." .

Their instructions are:

Power on
    Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEPD (if nothing go straight to step 6)
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]
    It will ask you for the unlock code. Enter it and your phone is unlocked!

Everything is disabled apart from 'netwok' (active) and I have followed the instructions with the sim the phone came with and with the optus sim. I have also tried it with all connections turned off and on however nothing works. I have emailed the place I got the code from but no response.

PLEASE HELP ME
    Thanks in advance.
    07-11-11 01:24 AM
    Perhaps the code they gave you does not work for your phone. Does it say try 2 out of 10 when you try to enter the code a 2nd time?
    07-11-11 01:46 AM
    I have 240 tries left...
    07-11-11 01:53 AM
    How can that be possible if the phone is only supposed to have 10 tries
    07-11-11 01:56 AM
    LOL. No idea.. I've just tried it again, I'm getting "Enter Network MEP code (240 left)" once entered I get "code error; please wait..."
    07-11-11 02:01 AM
    Contact the source of the unlocking code, and do not continue trying.

Once you enter the incorrect code 10 times, the device will become hardlocked. If that happens, you will need to send it to a company that does DM3 cable unlocking, and they will need to have physical possession of the device to do so. DM3 cable unlocking is very expensive too.

Wait until you get a correct code, since you do not want to send away your BlackBerry for DM3 unlocking and pay the fee involved for that.
    07-11-11 02:09 AM
    Contact the vendor because they probably gave you the wrong code. Confirm that you gave them the correct IMEI #.

As for the number of tries, I've unlocked several Rogers phones and they give you 255 attempts. Bell & Telus and I guess most other carriers only allow 10. Kinda strange.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-11 08:33 AM
    Contact the vendor because they probably gave you the wrong code. Confirm that you gave them the correct IMEI #.

As for the number of tries, I've unlocked several Rogers phones and they give you 255 attempts. Bell & Telus and I guess most other carriers only allow 10. Kinda strange.

I wonder why that is for Rogers devices ?
    07-11-11 10:37 AM
    I'm not sure, I've always thought it was strange. The ironic thing is that when I give the IMEI # to my buddy, his program only comes up with 1 code and it always works! If I give him the IMEI # for a Bell or Telus phone, it gives up to 10 different codes. I always have to hook up the phone to get the correct code.

Yes, I have a friend that unlocks my phones for free.

07-11-11 09:00 PM
    I'm not sure, I've always thought it was strange. The ironic thing is that when I give the IMEI # to my buddy, his program only comes up with 1 code and it always works! If I give him the IMEI # for a Bell or Telus phone, it gives up to 10 different codes. I always have to hook up the phone to get the correct code.

Yes, I have a friend that unlocks my phones for free.

Reason for the different unlock codes is that Rogers uses the same mep id for all their BB devices....
    07-12-11 01:22 PM
    I purchased a Bold 9700 on a plan with 3 mobile (3 Hutchison). As I would like to use an Optus sim with the phone I purchased an unlock code from Unlockcodes.com.au. They have since sent me one code that does not work - I get an error message "code error; please wait..." .

Their instructions are:

Power on
    Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]

Everything is disabled apart from 'netwok' (active) and I have followed the instructions with the sim the phone came with and with the optus sim. I have also tried it with all connections turned off and on however nothing works. I have emailed the place I got the code from but no response.

PLEASE HELP ME
    Thanks in advance.
    Send us the info and we will try to verify it for you.
    07-12-11 09:06 PM
    Send us your cell info, we will also try to verify it for you....
    07-24-11 12:13 PM

Their instructions are:

Power on
    Go to settings
    Go to advanced options
    Go to sim card
    Type MEP[Alt + 2]

PLEASE HELP ME
    Thanks in advance.
    We're you able to get this fixed?
    07-24-11 03:01 PM
    I don't think this forum allows 2 accounts for one unlocker josh42
    07-25-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD