11-21-10 12:22 AM
60 123
tools
    Hi everyone,

I just unlocked by Blackberry Bold 9700 with cellunlock.net and it works perfectly. Just wnated to give ppl a heads up, I dont think everyone has them yet. I'm keeping the phone for myself, but I'm sure some ppl want to buy these to resell. :-)

BTW:. I am loving my 9700, the smaller size over the Bold was a sligh adjustment, but the trackpad is just amazing.

*edit* could an admin change the thread title from Unlocking Bold 9700 to, "I unlocked my Bold 9700" or something more apropriate? thanks
    Last edited by TenOfZero; 11-03-09 at 10:03 PM.
    11-03-09 10:00 PM
    Does RIM care about whether you unlock your phone or not?
    I want to make sure they wont disable the PINs of the phones that were unlocked through online services such as cellunlock.net ..
    11-03-09 10:02 PM
    Sweet, can't to get mine
    11-03-09 10:03 PM
    Absolutely not, I ahve unlcoked many phones, BB's and others, and they don't care. Some cariers will even give you the unlock codes once the contract is up.

The only pin's they disable are on stolen devices and some preproduction models that should have never made it into the hands of the public.
    11-03-09 10:04 PM
    Does RIM care about whether you unlock your phone or not?
    I want to make sure they wont disable the PINs of the phones that were unlocked through online services such as cellunlock.net ..
    I ran two Tmobile 8320's unlocked on Rogers for over a year with no problem
    11-03-09 10:04 PM
    Unlock BB 9700 Rogers allows to restore the UMA?
    11-03-09 10:05 PM
    When you unlock a phone, does it retain the software for the original carrier? How do you activate it on another carrier? Do you lose any functionality? Can i unlock a 9700 and use it on Verizon? I can't, right, because its GSM and not CDMA?

Really appreciate any help.
    11-04-09 06:37 AM
    When you unlock a phone, does it retain the software for the original carrier? How do you activate it on another carrier? Do you lose any functionality? Can i unlock a 9700 and use it on Verizon? I can't, right, because its GSM and not CDMA?

Really appreciate any help.
    Yes unlocking the phone doesnt change the software one bit so it will still have the software for the original carrier...just means that you can use other providers SIM cards in the phone.

No unlocking a 9700 will not work on Verizon because Verizon use CDMA whereas the 9700 is a GSM device ie uses a sim card...so you have 2 choices...one is to change providers to one that uses GSM ie AT&T or Tmobile...Tmobile have their own 9700 that will be available...you could get one and unlock it but it wont use AT&T 3G freq as it uses a different 3G band. Secondly you could just wait for Verizon to bring out the Tour2 which will have the trackpad and is similar to the Bold2 in shape and size.
    11-04-09 08:05 AM
    Unlock Rogers BB 9700 unable UMA?
    11-04-09 08:38 AM
    Unlock Rogers BB 9700 unable UMA?
    It's not a phone limitation but a rogers limitation. So unlocking will not help (I ahve an unlocked 9700 and no UMA)

I think it will take a software update to allow it to work. Either on the phone or the network, not certain.
    11-04-09 11:42 AM
    Unlock 9700 Rogers for Fido and UMA is enabled?
    11-04-09 11:46 AM
    Unlock 9700 Rogers for Fido and UMA is enabled?
    ???

Help!
    11-04-09 02:41 PM
    Geezus you got your phone that fast? Post pics!
    11-04-09 02:46 PM
    We have unlocked several Blackberry 9700 so far. If you need an unlock code please let us know.
    11-04-09 11:58 PM
    Is there a way to reset the unlock attempts. I have blackberry bold 9700 from uk carrier: t-mobile. I tried retail unlocking service as well as internet unlock code. Now apparently I am left with 0 attempts to unlock. Is there anything I can do to unlock or should I pretty much give up
    12-18-09 01:18 AM
    Absolutely not, I ahve unlcoked many phones, BB's and others, and they don't care. Some cariers will even give you the unlock codes once the contract is up.

The only pin's they disable are on stolen devices and some preproduction models that should have never made it into the hands of the public.
    Will they disable PINs of phones that are claimed lost but never was lost? for example getting another phone through insurance and paying the deductable so you can sell the other one through ebay or to a friend etc.
    12-18-09 01:33 AM
    Will they disable PINs of phones that are claimed lost but never was lost? for example getting another phone through insurance and paying the deductable so you can sell the other one through ebay or to a friend etc.
    Insurance fraud?
    12-18-09 01:36 AM
    i got mine unlocked
    12-18-09 01:49 AM
    Glad you got yours unlocked
    12-18-09 09:39 PM
    Why would any one want to unlock a Bold 9700? Anyone can buy the phone with ATT, T-Mobile and Rogers. If you unlock a 9700 from ATT and try to use it with T-Mobile and Rogers, the 3G will not work on the phone and vice versa. It's not like you can use the 9700 on Verizon or Sprint. If you could I could see somebody doing that since those carriers don't offer that phone and if their service was better than the one they originally had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-09 10:59 PM
    Not anyone can buy them, most stores from each carrier may or may not require to be a active customer, they may not want a contract. They live overseas, etc etc etc.

12-18-09 11:01 PM
    We have unlocked several Blackberry 9700 so far. If you need an unlock code please let us know.

Hello there,

I have send all the details to uniquephones.com to unlock my 9700 Bold and they dont seem to make it happen. I have unlock other phones in the past.

The phone is an 9700 Bold Orange UK carrier.
    I have left 1 try on the mep2 code.
    If you have unlock so many please let me know what to do.
    Regards
    12-20-09 10:37 AM
    Need to make sure you buy from someone who can gurantee you they will give you the correct code the first time.
    12-20-09 10:45 AM
    Why would any one want to unlock a Bold 9700? Anyone can buy the phone with ATT, T-Mobile and Rogers. If you unlock a 9700 from ATT and try to use it with T-Mobile and Rogers, the 3G will not work on the phone and vice versa. It's not like you can use the 9700 on Verizon or Sprint. If you could I could see somebody doing that since those carriers don't offer that phone and if their service was better than the one they originally had.

I had my 9700 unlocked so that I can use a local sim card in it when I travel instead of paying AT&T's ridiculous international rates.
    12-20-09 03:17 PM
    yes you can use the phone on any of the network change the setting on the phone I unlocked my bold 9700 AT&T today and I am able to use it with Tmobile and verizon I tried them both today
    03-28-10 09:31 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD