05-06-09 02:26 AM
63 123
tools
    ok one question and sorry if it sounds dumb come on i'm a noob lol

i have verizon and im waiting on my storm to arrive on the 5th of dec. but ive been reading and seems like alot of people are going back to the bb curve so im scared of not liking it, so i might wanna buy the bb bold.

so once i get it and if i get do i call at&t for the unlock code? or verizon.... i want to keep my service with verizon.

thanks alot *Noah*
    11-27-08 01:16 AM
    ok one question and sorry if it sounds dumb come on i'm a noob lol

i have verizon and im waiting on my storm to arrive on the 5th of dec. but ive been reading and seems like alot of people are going back to the bb curve so im scared of not liking it, so i might wanna buy the bb bold.

so once i get it and if i get do i call at&t for the unlock code? or verizon.... i want to keep my service with verizon.

thanks alot *Noah*
    Can't run a Bold on verizon. They are CDMA and att is GSM. Sorry, if you want a bold you better switch to att

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 01:22 AM
    Can't run a Bold on verizon. They are CDMA and att is GSM. Sorry, if you want a bold you better switch to att

UGH!!!

are u serious? guess ill have to give the storm a try......

thanks for the reply greg.

*Noah*
    11-27-08 01:38 AM
    Anyone know if it works if you leave the sim card inside for a bold? I get ' Code Accepted', but I left the sim inside.

Cheers.
    12-03-08 03:20 PM
    If you unlock the ATT Bold, does that give you the opportunity to turn off 3G on the device, or is that portion of the firmware not relevant to the unlocking?
    12-03-08 04:58 PM
    If you unlock the ATT Bold, does that give you the opportunity to turn off 3G on the device, or is that portion of the firmware not relevant to the unlocking?
    no it doesnt, it just makes the bold able to be used on other gsm carriers
    12-03-08 05:07 PM
    Anyone know if it works if you leave the sim card inside for a bold? I get ' Code Accepted', but I left the sim inside.

Cheers.
    you are suppose to have a sim card in it when you unlock it
    12-03-08 05:08 PM
    I called 4 days ago and received my code today. Worked flawlessly without any problems. Its just good to know if I ever want to put a pay as you go card or use another carrier I can.
    12-03-08 06:20 PM
    Unlock code entry Instruction for Blackberry Bold*

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1) Go to Settings Menu => and then Options

2) Select Advanced options => and then Sim Card

3) Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

4) Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)

5) You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code".

6) Enter the Unlock Code

7) Press Enter (You can use the track ball as well)

Your phone is now PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED

Do you have to turn the Mobile Network off? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere, but now I can't find where.
    12-05-08 11:59 AM
    Do you have to turn the Mobile Network off? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere, but now I can't find where.
    yes you turn the network off
    12-05-08 12:32 PM
    Well if you travel overseas using AT&T's international data plan you will need to have your bold unlocked and use another carrier's SIM. My co-worked took his bold to London this week and could not get any 3G data service. And because AT&T removed the 2G only option he was screwed. Worse part is AT&T int'l help desk didn't have a solution for him and said it was a known problem. I've heard similar stories for us bold users when traveling outside the US.

A word to the wise......
    12-05-08 09:48 PM

Maybe I missed this in a different thread. Can you use the Storm on AT&T?
    12-05-08 10:47 PM
    A friend wants to buy a Bold from a foreign country and is worried whether it can be locked/branded to a certain carrier and then cannot use it in Greece where we live.. Can someone inform me on the locking options that exist for the Bold and whether they can be bypassed?

I know about the carrier locking (which is 'unlocked' by upgrading and removing vendor.xml) and branded locking which needs entering the code...
    05-06-09 02:26 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD