05-06-09 01:26 AM
63 123
tools
    Does anyone know how to unlock the Bold, I have a AT&T Bold

Also Proper way to provision the wifi

Thank You
    I just called AT&T and asked for the code. I was told to contact Customer Care and ask them for it but he doubted they would give it to me. He said the normal policy is to supply it once you have fulfilled your first 2 year contract. We'll see. Gonna call CC next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 09:25 PM
    Avoid the bother with ATT. I purchased an ATT branded locked phone from wirefly.com as what they call a 'replacement phone without contract'. Cost a few $ more than the base ATT price without contract ... but, I did not have to pay for SIM card initializing fee and the first month of service.
    For $16-20 USD there are several reputable unlock services the take 24hr or less to give the code and simple instructions. Look around on this board for some named sites that do this service.
    And, if you go to T-Mobile you must also use the instructions at page 5 of
    forums.crackberry.com/f83/howto-get-all-features-wap-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-usa-unlocked-bold-81554/
    Thanks, I will look into it. Thought I'd have some luck with ATT and get it for free like some have here but I struck out
    11-13-08 09:35 PM
    AT&T gave me the code but said they had no info for the Bold on how to use it. Can anybody help?
    11-14-08 08:06 AM
    I had the iPhone, left and went back to VZW because I wanted the Storm (Still do, but waiting for it to come ot AT&T), then bought the Bold.

I bought the Bold on the day it came out and did the online chat last night and the guy gave me the unlock code.

I now have an unlocked BB Bold. I figure I can sell it once the Storm comes to AT&T - :P
    11-14-08 08:09 AM
    I had the iPhone, left and went back to VZW because I wanted the Storm (Still do, but waiting for it to come ot AT&T), then bought the Bold.

I bought the Bold on the day it came out and did the online chat last night and the guy gave me the unlock code.

I now have an unlocked BB Bold. I figure I can sell it once the Storm comes to AT&T - :P

So you just used the online chat on Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans from AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless ? That option comes up after you login to your account right?
    11-14-08 08:34 AM
    I find the customer service people are much more willing early in the morning! You can also try the web chat reps or get the Blackberry dept and ask them
    That is sooo true. I just got off the phone w/ one rep, I have pay as go not even on ATT plan, called this morning to unlock a new curve 8310 I just acquired and they sent it to me via text and it is unlocked, it wasn't even my phone was a friend that gave it to me from an upgrade. I didn't even really say anything just was pleasant and said after she agreed that I was going out of country. But it doesn't always work that way, had many issues w/ reps in past but I also called mid day every one of the times I had a issue. So FYI try calling in morning might help you it did for me.
    11-14-08 08:40 AM
    So you just used the online chat on Cell Phones and Cell Phone Plans from AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless ? That option comes up after you login to your account right?
    Yes.

I talked to some guy named Kevin and told him that I might have to travel overseas and would like to use prepaid sim cards - :P

Now I figure I can sell my unlocked Bold when the Storm hits AT&T.
    11-14-08 08:40 AM
    Yes.

I talked to some guy named Kevin and told him that I might have to travel overseas and would like to use prepaid sim cards - :P

Now I figure I can sell my unlocked Bold when the Storm hits AT&T.
    I heard that can work as well, haven't tried but now I will for next time.
    11-14-08 08:56 AM
    AT&T gave me the code but said they had no info for the Bold on how to use it. Can anybody help?

Unlock code entry Instruction for Blackberry Bold*

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1) Go to Settings Menu => and then Options

2) Select Advanced options => and then Sim Card

3) Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

4) Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)

5) You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code".

6) Enter the Unlock Code

7) Press Enter (You can use the track ball as well)

Your phone is now PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED

11-14-08 11:12 AM
    Unlock code entry Instruction for Blackberry Bold*

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1) Go to Settings Menu => and then Options

2) Select Advanced options => and then Sim Card

3) Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

4) Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)

5) You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code".

6) Enter the Unlock Code

7) Press Enter (You can use the track ball as well)

Your phone is now PERMANENTLY UNLOCKED

Sounds pretty easy I'll have to call AT&T first I guess.
    11-14-08 11:27 AM
    I just called AT&T and asked for the code. I was told to contact Customer Care and ask them for it but he doubted they would give it to me. He said the normal policy is to supply it once you have fulfilled your first 2 year contract. We'll see. Gonna call CC next.

Just called Customer Care and spoke with a very nice rep (I think someone here mentioned calling in the morning would be a good idea?). I told her I was going to be traveling overseas and would like the unlock code. She said, "Sure. I'll give it to you right now." She asked me for my IMEI number and read the code to me over the phone within three minutes. A+ for AT&T!
    11-14-08 11:55 AM
    Man I wish I could get reps u like guys.

11-14-08 01:25 PM
    I called up AT&T today and within 20 minutes I had my unlock code.
    11-14-08 01:44 PM
    Today is a good day for Att and unlock codes, Bunch of people got codes today, Love to hear that!
    11-14-08 01:49 PM
    Great to hear you guys are getting them. It always amazes me that people pay 20 bucks or more for something that can be had for free

11-14-08 02:46 PM
    I just tried the on-line support and was told NO! I will try calling them next.
    11-14-08 03:16 PM
    I had bad luck with AT&T Customer Care initially, after 7 attempts, I finally got that ONE rep that gave it to me. I gave her 100% on her Customer survey.
    11-14-08 03:28 PM
    For those that were successful, what # were you dialing for ATT?
    11-14-08 03:36 PM
    Just to note....rogers here in Canada DO NOT give unlock codes for free. Don't ask me why...

11-14-08 03:40 PM
    For those that were successful, what # were you dialing for ATT?
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

For hearing or speech impaired: 1-866-241-6567

I think the CS rep there are nicer during the day.
    11-14-08 03:47 PM
    Thanks! I will have to try calling them tomorrow morning
    11-14-08 03:51 PM
    Bought a AT&T Locked Bold online, have had people with AT&T accounts tried calling, and no one has gotten the code yet... will the online services be able to generate the code then?
    11-25-08 10:51 AM
    Just got off the phone with the customer service rep and got mine. I called the st time 2 min before and was told i had to wait for 6 months by a male rep. I then hung up and called back and the female gave it to me with no issues
    11-26-08 08:38 AM
    i called and had my unlock code in like 5 mins
    Last edited by greg24; 11-26-08 at 08:45 AM.
    11-26-08 08:40 AM
    wow I didn't know it was doable, so no more $500 bills when I go overseas? hooray! Thanks CB
    11-26-08 12:24 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD