Will the unlocking process for the Bold be the same as the other BB devices?? If I want to buy one off eBay when it comes out for Rogers(cause AT&T never gets anything right), how long would it take for unlocked ones to be on eBay?? Also, I wonder what would happen if something went wrong with it?? I obviously wouldn't be able to take it to an AT&T with a big *** ROGERS logo on the bottom... There are many questions I have for if I wanted to buy it.
    1) Would AT&T make a big fuss over cancelling my iPhone 3G data plan??

2) If I bought the phone and it came SIM locked would I be able to unlock it from Rogers in the US??

3) Would I be able to use a regular AT&T BIS plan with it??

4) (Stupid) Would I be able to bring it to AT&T after they launched it if something went wrong?? Or would I need to go through Rogers, if it is even possible for me to get a replacement??

Thanks in advance guys...
    07-26-08 09:01 AM
    1. No
    2. Yes, I would try ebay for a Rogers unlocking code.
    3. Yes
    4. I don't think they would service it because it is not an AT&T phone.
    07-26-08 09:05 AM
    Basically if you buy an unlocked phone from ebay, you are on your own. Even if you bought it from Rogers, you are in the wromg country and wouldn't have a plan with them, so they could care less. In short, just be patient and wait for att to release the Bold here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-08 09:11 AM
    Basically if you buy an unlocked phone from ebay, you are on your own. Even if you bought it from Rogers, you are in the wromg country and wouldn't have a plan with them, so they could care less. In short, just be patient and wait for att to release the Bold here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No offense dude, but waiting for AT&T to release this phone is like waiting for paint to dry... If all else fails I'll buy one when it comes to AT&T and sell my Rogers one.
    07-26-08 09:34 AM
    1. No
    2. Yes, I would try ebay for a Rogers unlocking code.
    3. Yes
    4. I don't think they would service it because it is not an AT&T phone.
    Is the Rogers unlock code universal or is there a different one for each phone?? Sorry I have never dealt with unlocking a phone via unlock codes. The only phone I unlocked was my Gen1 iPhone and that was through a software unlock. How long would it take for someone to get a Bold unlock code if there is a separate code for it??
    07-26-08 09:37 AM
    If waiting for AT&T to release the Bold is like watching paint dry-

Then I can only imagine what its like for non-AT&T users.

Seriously were the first ones in line to get it in America.
    07-26-08 09:47 AM
    If waiting for AT&T to release the Bold is like watching paint dry-

Then I can only imagine what its like for non-AT&T users.

Seriously were the first ones in line to get it in America.
    Yeah, but AT&T is releasing it at least a month after Rogers, as the reports are saying sometime in September. I don't understand why Rogers has no problems with their Bolds, but AT&T has battery life issues and overheating apparently. I call BS on them and I am starting to feel that AT&T is strictly an iPhone company now. They spend so much endorsing and taking priority for the iPhone that they forget about RIM.
    07-26-08 10:09 AM
    Is the Rogers unlock code universal or is there a different one for each phone?? Sorry I have never dealt with unlocking a phone via unlock codes. The only phone I unlocked was my Gen1 iPhone and that was through a software unlock. How long would it take for someone to get a Bold unlock code if there is a separate code for it??

Each Blackberry has it's own unlock code. As soon as you start seeing Rogers Blackberry Bold's on Ebay, you will start seeing people selling codes to unlock them. Every gsm Blackberry can be unlocked and used on any gsm carrier in the world. I plan on doing the same thing as you, I just hope the Rogers Bold's aren't selling for over $1,000 on Ebay when they first come out.
    07-26-08 10:17 AM
    I'm sure hey will be selling for an ridiculos price on ebay..
    07-26-08 10:33 AM
    For once we Canadians get something first. After I get my Bold I should sell it on eBay Make some $
    07-26-08 12:45 PM
    For once we Canadians get something first
    You know, many say this is how it should be.
    07-26-08 12:58 PM
    No offense dude, but waiting for AT&T to release this phone is like waiting for paint to dry... If all else fails I'll buy one when it comes to AT&T and sell my Rogers one.
    If you feel so strongly about getting one from Roger's then by all means go ahead and do so. It's your money, you should spend it as you sees fit.
    07-26-08 01:38 PM
    Anyone on ATT wanna buy my bold off me when I get it
    07-26-08 02:27 PM
    Anyone on ATT wanna buy my bold off me when I get it
    Depends how much you are looking for... send me a PM with how much you would want for it. It would have to be unlocked of course...
    07-26-08 02:37 PM
    I'm sure hey will be selling for an ridiculos price on ebay..
    YeP! Just like the iphone 3g...those prices are CRAZY...$700 and up! and most aren't even unlocked.
    07-26-08 03:45 PM
    The iPhone prices are like that for two reasons... #1 and prob most of the cause... the hype. This phone was hyped like no other device that I have seen recently. and #2 is the shortage of iPhones. It looks like Apple Stores get more phones in the morning and they are gone before lunch, so you have to go onto eBay or wait outside the store to get one.

It's too early to tell, but I think the iPhone is going to go the way of the Wii. Look at the Wii, constantly sold out for more than 2 years already. I have a feeling that even in a few months, the only place you will be able to find an iPhone 3G is eBay, and I don't know if the Bold is going to be the same way. If the price is right I might just do a swap... sell my iPhone 3G on ebay for 750+ and just buy a bold with that money. I don't know if its the OS build, but the new iPhone is much less stable than my Gen1 iPhone. Calls are a bad experience due to the still very low earpiece volume. The OS lags whenever I want to type something if I don't wait about 30 seconds for the app to fully load. I, along with others am not getting great reception with the iPhone. My mom's crappy LG CU515 gets better 3G reception than my iPhone. I am also getting very tired of having to go through 3 screens just to make a call. All in all I think I am going to just do a straight switch iPhone for Bold. If anyone is down for that here I am more than happy to do so, just reply here or send me a PM.

Edit: Scratch that... I would need to unlock my phone before I traded with anyone.
    Last edited by Burton8219; 07-26-08 at 04:48 PM.
    07-26-08 03:56 PM
    I wouldn't bet on Rogers having this before AT&T. I realize it's two different countries and all but I will be surprised if this releases to anyone before AT&T.

AT&T is twisting the MFG arms like you wouldn't believe and I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to delay release to other carriers until AT&T is ready to release....

Nothing official just my sixth sense....
    07-26-08 10:26 PM
    I wouldn't bet on Rogers having this before AT&T. I realize it's two different countries and all but I will be surprised if this releases to anyone before AT&T.

AT&T is twisting the MFG arms like you wouldn't believe and I wouldn't be surprised if they are able to delay release to other carriers until AT&T is ready to release....

Nothing official just my sixth sense....
    How do you know this when every notable Blackberry source is saying the 29th of July with a backup date of the 8th?? You also forget that they just had a release party in Canada. I doubt they would have a release party now only to wait over a month to release it in Canada. As much as I would hope that you are correct I think that Rogers will be getting it first. According to you AT&T has just started testing the phone. I highly doubt that RIM will agree to delay the Bold for over a month until AT&T is ready to release. By the way... what is the problem with the Bolds AT&T is getting while nothing seems to be wrong with the ones Rogers is getting??? Any input you can give would be very much appreciated.
    07-27-08 12:41 AM
    Depends how much you are looking for... send me a PM with how much you would want for it. It would have to be unlocked of course...
    Of course I will unlock it before selling it to someone on ATT. DUH.
    07-27-08 02:33 AM
    How do you know this when every notable Blackberry source is saying the 29th of July with a backup date of the 8th?? You also forget that they just had a release party in Canada. I doubt they would have a release party now only to wait over a month to release it in Canada. As much as I would hope that you are correct I think that Rogers will be getting it first. According to you AT&T has just started testing the phone. I highly doubt that RIM will agree to delay the Bold for over a month until AT&T is ready to release. By the way... what is the problem with the Bolds AT&T is getting while nothing seems to be wrong with the ones Rogers is getting??? Any input you can give would be very much appreciated.
    +1

I think I speak for me and many of the others in saying that Rogers will almost definitely see the Bold before AT&T.
    07-27-08 02:38 AM
    Of course I will unlock it before selling it to someone on ATT. DUH.
    Name your price dude... or if they have a way to unlock the iPhone 3G before the Bold comes out would you be interested in a trade??
    07-27-08 02:54 AM
    How can I name my price when I don't even know how much I am going to have to pay myself... And no thanks to trades for iPhone... I can get one in Canada cheaper than the Bold is probably going to cost me. Plus I had a gen 1 iPhone for a few days, hated it. Additionally, if I sell it you will have to deal with the fact that it will have the Rogers branding. I wonder if the piece that it carrier branded is removable like on the Curve, I hope.
    07-27-08 04:00 AM
    so ... I gots ma crackberry bold
    how do I unlockz it?
    08-21-08 08:23 PM
    Just to let you know if you unlock the phone it will void your warranty with Rogers. Just a heads up. so i would advise to get the ATT branded phone (when it comes out)
    08-21-08 09:01 PM
    Anyone unlocked a Phone that was locked on Orange (UK) ?
    08-22-08 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD