AT&T gave me my unlock code for my device, but didn't tell me how to get into the network section. I want to set my device so I can choose between EDGE and/or 3G but how do I get there ?
    05-05-09 12:15 PM
    Take a look at this:

Unlocking Your Blackberry

For the EDGE/3G selection, you have two choices:

Unbrand your device (Not recommended) - http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/unl...anding-181612/

The fun, legal and less damaging method - Disabling 3G On Your AT&T Bold

Chris
    Last edited by Tronyx; 05-05-09 at 02:43 PM.
    05-05-09 02:41 PM
    Unlocking will not do that. You would have to unbrand it. Very different.
    05-05-09 02:44 PM
    05-05-09 02:48 PM

awesome thread!!!
    05-05-09 03:00 PM
    awesome thread!!!
    The things you missed when you were gone! lol
    05-05-09 03:01 PM
    The things you missed when you were gone! lol

seriously!

see if i take a break ever again!
    05-05-09 03:02 PM
    If I unbrand and stay with the same carrier (so I can keep my plan, but add Blackberry Maps), will it ruin my Bold? Will my plan work? I am on BIS. Thanks.
    05-08-09 11:45 AM
    It won't change anything with your plan. Now, if it goes wrong, yes it could brick (I mean really brick) the phone. Many have had no issues, a few have had very pretty paperweights.

I don't think unbranding will get you BB Maps, since AT&T and RIM still control the service books. I certainly would not do this solely to get BB Maps.
    05-08-09 12:01 PM
    google maps is a good alternaive
    05-08-09 12:19 PM
    It won't change anything with your plan. Now, if it goes wrong, yes it could brick (I mean really brick) the phone. Many have had no issues, a few have had very pretty paperweights.

I don't think unbranding will get you BB Maps, since AT&T and RIM still control the service books. I certainly would not do this solely to get BB Maps.
    Definitely agree with you on that one BT. The main reason people were unbranding their AT&T Bolds was to be able to switch between 3G and 2G on their own, but now that digitalb0y found the method of doing it without unbranding, there isn't really a good reason to unbrand your device anymore.

Chris
    05-08-09 03:25 PM
    Definitely agree with you on that one BT. The main reason people were unbranding their AT&T Bolds was to be able to switch between 3G and 2G on their own, but now that digitalb0y found the method of doing it without unbranding, there isn't really a good reason to unbrand your device anymore.

Chris
    Unless we can discover the Evil Power contained in the engineering screen as mentioned by CX.
    05-08-09 03:37 PM
    Unless we can discover the Evil Power contained in the engineering screen as mentioned by CX.
    There is so much that can be done through that, but I don't dare touch any of it. I actually found where you can edit the phone number that's attached to your SIM, lol. I'm not even gonna try playing with that. Could wind up getting you into some trouble.

Besides, you can access the E-Menu without unbranding...

Chris
    05-08-09 03:47 PM
    Heck, I just wanted to use it to get TO back on the Iggles.
    05-08-09 03:49 PM
    Heck, I just wanted to use it to get TO back on the Iggles.
    Hey man, don't pawn him back onto us. We don't want his pill swallowing, poor me attitude more then anyone else.

Chris
    05-08-09 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the answers. I won't mess with mine. This forum is awesome.
    05-10-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD