What is the best way to wipe the Storm to as if it was just as I got it. All the defaults and no record of my old number. As it is now, I've activated my number on a different phone and it shows when making a call "My Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx" with my number there. I can't make calls of course or anything but it still shows that I have voice mails.

For those who don't want to read the above

I want to wipe everything off the phone as if it was new while keeping the phone unlocked.

EDIT: And I do know about CrackUtil and jlcmdr, but it seems like they can only do a complete wipe or certain sections--not return the phone to its exact original state.
    Last edited by GeneralMills; 06-23-09 at 08:03 PM.
    06-23-09 07:46 PM
    Bump...

Anyone? This is crucial.
    06-23-09 08:09 PM
    well the security wipe will prolly lock the phone again, but if you're a VZW customer just call and get the unlock code again.
    06-23-09 08:36 PM
    Wipe handheld? Options>security options> general> menu> wipe handheld. Not sure whether your phone will remain unlocked, but I've heard that it doesn't affect it. Don't take my word for it though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:44 PM
    Thanks for all the help! All I need to know now is if anyone knows about the lock?
    06-23-09 08:57 PM
    Extreme bump-age. This is CrackBerry. Someone has to know.
    06-23-09 09:38 PM
    If you search you'll find it. Its a pretty common thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:39 PM
    Once a BB is unlocked, it'll stay permanently unlocked even if you wipe the phone, use Jl_Cmder, reinstall the OS, etc. You're safe to wipe... your phone.
    06-23-09 09:41 PM
    Thanks guys! I did search for it, but CrackBerry Forums search hates me. I get a bunch of junk every time I search. Wiping right now. Though in hindsight it does make sense what you have said about it staying unlocked.
    06-23-09 09:42 PM
    not sure about crackutil or jlcmdr but the wipe procedure described above will not lock it back to vzw. as for the phone number issue....
    when i sold one of mine i hit the call button,
    typed in ##000000
    hit the call button again
    then i edited the top line so it had my area code the for the phone number i put 1234567. in other words, my phone # showed up as 860-123-4567. then i saved it and thats the way it was sold. all traces of me were gone from the phone completely.
    06-23-09 09:44 PM
    even if you reset the phone it will remain UNLOCKED. only way for it to lock up again if Verizon or a major provider chooses to lock it up but they need to get their hands on it
    06-23-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD