05-31-11 06:02 PM
593 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    burridge007

Did you have to do something on your storm before you use it on Rogers??
    03-27-09 10:42 PM
    burridge007

Did you have to do something on your storm before you use it on Rogers??
    Not at all. Phone is working great. No data yet I have to add a data plan. I will get one next week and will be posting but I assume it will work flawlessly
    03-27-09 10:43 PM
    Not at all. Phone is working great. No data yet I have to add a data plan. I will get one next week and will be posting but I assume it will work flawlessly
    Can you switch back and forth from telus to Rogers?? We no issue
    03-27-09 10:45 PM
    I don't know I won that storm so it was never activated with telus. But I assume you should be able to switch back and forth
    03-27-09 10:48 PM
    ngreen just unlocked my STORM not only did he send me the code he walked me thru the whole process on the phone the code was accepted and it works!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AND HIS SERVICES!!!!
    03-27-09 10:57 PM
    YESSSSSSSSS, Phone unlocked, thanks ngreen.
    03-27-09 11:27 PM
    I also received my unlock code from ngreen today for my Telus storm that I purchased back in January and it is now operating on the Rogers network using my T-Mobile prepaid SIM that I want to use while RVing in the Western US...... the reason why I wanted my Storm unlocked!
    Bradley
    03-27-09 11:30 PM
    jorobillard
    Yes you can switch back. When you want to use sim change network tech. to GSM, just change back to global when you want to use Telus.
    03-27-09 11:33 PM
    I got my unlock code from ngreen today. The unlock went successfully. I have a Bell Mobility Storm, so his codes are not only for the Telus Storms.
    Last edited by alexincanada; 03-28-09 at 12:27 AM.
    03-28-09 12:10 AM
    got it!!! left some icons on my storm too. even wants to mms, oh.... but telus wont allow it
    03-28-09 12:58 AM
    ya it was easy... the instructions that came with it were a little lacking but I found this http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/unl...p-step-101677/ and together it was easy. You have to have a rogers or verizon or whatever sim card in the phone while following the walkthrough.

Now I really have to take care of my phone. Dont want to drop and break a unlocked storm !!!!!!
    03-28-09 03:18 AM
    i just got my Storm unlocked and im trying to run it on ATT.
    I had a bold working perfectly on the ATT that was unlocked from rogers.

My storm cannot get on the internet. I can do everything else.
    I also downloaded and did the ATT service book.
    03-28-09 03:22 AM
    Codes are 100% good. I've been unlocking phones for a couple years now and we sent in 34 storms to be unlocked. 29/34 came back with codes. 5 came back as Not Found. Too many reasons for it to be "Not Found" (ie. stolen device, refurbished etc etc etc).

Just a confirmation that they do work 100%. There was actually a solution out before which was done through a device (people at Pacific Mall for the GTA people) used it, but it would screw up all the data on the device. Unlocking via. code is safe and had no probs.

Customers are happy, so I'm happy
    03-28-09 03:24 AM
    it keeps switching from EDGE to edge.
    03-28-09 03:46 AM
    Today i received my code for my telus storm by ngreen and yes it works.
    The first time i typed the code, it fails as i did not inserted the Telus sim in it, i had my orange sim in it lol. Then i inserted the telus sim and yesssssssssss it works.

Thanks ngreen, now i can finally enjoy my storm in mauritius.

Next step is to get service book from orange. Will have it on Monday.
    03-28-09 03:57 AM
    Just got my unlock code from ngreen. (Thank you) have not input it in yet. What are these "service books"? Do I need to get them?

Thanks

P.S Why are some people needing to do the UniCDMA and Hexedit stuff? Do I require to do this step as well?
    Last edited by whilton; 03-28-09 at 05:55 AM.
    03-28-09 05:49 AM
    Uhm, really? It says on the Telus website that if I pay for the phone full out I can get my code for free, instantly, from RIM? My god... I DID buy my phone straight out from Future Shop. Paid $599.99 plus taxes. However, I also paid for an unlock code.

Oh well. I got to experience being patient and got to test a new service from ngreen.

Again, well worth the money.
    03-28-09 06:17 AM
    As for the UniCDMA and Hexworshop stuff, only use this if you bought your phone straight out and it was never activated on a plan. It's to get rid of the 'Activation Required' heading that you may see if you just buy the phone straight out from a retailer.
    03-28-09 06:18 AM
    Just unlocked my Bell unit through green as well. Great guy to deal with,great service and you are always able to reach him if needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:20 AM
    Still haven't got mine...

I am on day 15

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 08:43 AM
    People on Roger's Wireless:

You may notice when you receive incoming calls that it comes up as 'Unknown Number'. The ONLY way around this is to call Rogers Customer Service and ask them to take 'Name ID' off your account features. Tell them you want to keep Caller ID, but do not want Name ID.

Name ID is a program set loaded to every Rogers branded phone. Caller ID is a network feature. If you have an unlocked phone that doesn't support Name ID, than the phone cannot interpret what Name ID, and the ID fails.

I took Name ID off my account this morning and my caller ID started working.

Voila!
    03-28-09 10:01 AM
    I got my unlocking from ngreen and it worked fine. Thanks for the great service.
    03-28-09 11:23 AM
    Got my code from ngreen as well... worked perfectly on my Bell Storm
    03-28-09 01:30 PM
    Yes you can, my Telus, you just switch between CDMA and GSM
    03-28-09 03:30 PM
    As for the UniCDMA and Hexworshop stuff, only use this if you bought your phone straight out and it was never activated on a plan. It's to get rid of the 'Activation Required' heading that you may see if you just buy the phone straight out from a retailer.
    Thank You for the explanation. This is why I love this site and the people.
    03-28-09 06:14 PM
593 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD