05-31-11 07:02 PM
593 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I have a different provider, i will not reveal the name and situation until i get my lock codes and i test it and IT WORKS! i will be posting really really soon. It will cost alittle EXTRA but it's FASTER and it's 100% Let's see who brings out the Codes first. On the other hand people. DO NOT BE disappointed even if you have the MEP code and it still doesnt work. As i mentioned on TELUS phones it is not only the MEP code needed it is something else too.

So it's a wait game now. GOOD LUCK to all.
    03-26-09 11:41 PM
    new to this website and I have a storm. Love it. What does unlocking do exactly?
    03-26-09 11:55 PM
    new to this website and I have a storm. Love it. What does unlocking do exactly?
    Any phone in north America when you buy with a plan comes with a LOCKED code from the provider since they are paying for the phone and you only pay a slight amount to have the phone. UNLOCKING = FREE of provider!!!
    03-27-09 12:19 AM
    Any phone in north America when you buy with a plan comes with a LOCKED code from the provider since they are paying for the phone and you only pay a slight amount to have the phone. UNLOCKING = FREE of provider!!!
    I bought my phone straight out. I think I should get my unlock code for free. Haha.
    03-27-09 08:22 AM
    This might be a stupid question but what about a class action lawsuit type thing to get Telus to release the codes?? btw I hate Telus and would sell my own soul in order to get my storm off of the Telus network...The first time I called Telus with a problem they told me I should have stayed with Bell then promptlly canceled my contract because I told them I got laid off and wouldn't be able to pay for a couple of weeks then they charged me $250 to reactivate the god damn thing Telus sucks
    03-27-09 09:40 AM
    anyone got their code today?
    03-27-09 11:01 AM
    talked to the guy who is supplying me with my code. He told me in the next few hours I should have my code. Will keep you posted.
    03-27-09 03:40 PM
    I've sent all my customers their codes : )
    03-27-09 04:17 PM
    Still no confirmations?

Ngreen is my supplier and he says that it may take over the weekend, up til Tuesday.

He hasn't really been online at all today, so I'm not too sure if he's received any codes today or not. He "received two" yesterday, so they're supposed to be getting handed out I guess.

Let's hope it's soon... im too damn anxious.
    03-27-09 04:55 PM
    ive been following this thread, very interested.

please all, post with updates if/when you get your Telus codes
    03-27-09 05:03 PM
    I got my code from RLP06 and it work!!!!

I will try to put a picture to prove it but I have some issue with the sim card since I don't have rogers coverage where I live. Keep you posted.
    03-27-09 05:28 PM
    So... 1 possible confirmation?

Let's hope we get a 100% success rate.
    03-27-09 05:50 PM
    I got my code. It was accepted by the phone. Now I need to change the phone number it sees.
    03-27-09 06:22 PM
    Got my code. Worked.

Made some test calls and it worked. Excellent.

On a side note, it keeps switching me between edge and EDGE every couple of seconds. Lets hope there's a work around.
    03-27-09 06:30 PM
    Got my code. Worked.

Made some test calls and it worked. Excellent.

On a side note, it keeps switching me between edge and EDGE every couple of seconds. Lets hope there's a work around.
    Nice! I picked up mine from ngreen too- hopefully I get mine soon. On day 14.

is it constantly switching it's status on the network on you? maybe Rogers is trying to block?
    03-27-09 06:32 PM
    Telus Storms have each different codes. Thus ##000000 will not work.

Here are the procedure you will need to do to eliminate Activation Required.

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager and plug in your storm.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

8. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

9. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

10. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

11. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

12. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this help.
    Every time I try step# 7 it fails saying it can't find that address.

Here's the info from the console:
    5:07:42 PM : Reading 524288 bytes of memory, starting from 0x17C47CCE
    5:07:42 PM : Read error at address 0x17C47CCE
    Last edited by Cruisin1966; 03-27-09 at 07:08 PM.
    03-27-09 06:56 PM
    Okay it works perfectly now. Had to do a battery pull but it works nicely now. Stays on EDGE. Quite pleased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:09 PM
    Every time I try step# 7 it fails saying it can't find that address.

Here's the info from the console:
    5:07:42 PM : Reading 524288 bytes of memory, starting from 0x17C47CCE
    5:07:42 PM : Read error at address 0x17C47CCE
    I had the same problem until I read somewhere that it won't work if you have a non-factory OS installed while doing it. I had .114 installed when I tried and it wouldn't work. Read that and then wiped my phone. Reloaded my carriers default storm OS, gave it a shot and it worked.
    03-27-09 07:39 PM
    Hey. For those who got the working code, where did you get it from?
    Cheers.
    03-27-09 07:44 PM
    Hey. For those who got the working code, where did you get it from?
    Cheers.
    Horizon Wireless
    03-27-09 07:49 PM
    I had the same problem until I read somewhere that it won't work if you have a non-factory OS installed while doing it. I had .114 installed when I tried and it wouldn't work. Read that and then wiped my phone. Reloaded my carriers default storm OS, gave it a shot and it worked.
    Ah, okay. I'll give that a try.

Did you update the O/S again after setting the phone number?
    03-27-09 07:50 PM
    i unlocked my telus on today.
    My internet doesnt work on it though.
    I am running it on ATT.
    My unlocked bold on ATT worked with internet.
    03-27-09 07:53 PM
    i unlocked my telus on today.
    My internet doesnt work on it though.
    I am running it on ATT.
    My unlocked bold on ATT worked with internet.
    You need the service books for AT&T don't you?
    03-27-09 07:56 PM
    This is awesome,

I just got the Unlock code for my Telus Storm
    from www. FreeYourCellphone.com

Took like a minute to enter and now I'm running it on Rogers,

no issues at all, I have full EDGE the whole time, all my email account are working.

This phone is amazing, it is more difficult to use than my bold, but well worth it!

Thanks FreeYourCellphone !

Cheers,

Norm
    03-27-09 07:58 PM
    You need the service books for AT&T don't you?
    i thought i put it on.
    Still doesnt work.
    03-27-09 08:04 PM
593 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD