05-31-11 07:02 PM
593 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Hi Everyone - I'm with ROGERS and also have a supposedly unlocked Telus Storm..everything seems to work fine except at the top where the ROGERS carrier name should be it still says "Activation Required" Can anyone please tell me if my phone is indeed unlocked or not? And if not how can I get it to say ROGERS at the top?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

A
    SEARCH YOU SHALL FIND lol

#10 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
    cjcarbone
    CrackBerry Genius
    Device Model: 9530 Storm 4.7.0.103/.90/ Bold 9000 4.6.0.2234
    Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
    PIN: is just a PM away! Join Date: Jan 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for my unlocked storm 9530, all i did was dial ##000000 send
    then i entered my att phone number, and then press menu save. Your storm will reset, and all will be well.

That got rid of the activation required message for me.

Optimize your BlackBerry

Blackberry 101

Click here to help out a GREAT Cause!!!
    03-24-09 12:46 AM
    Telus Storms have each different codes. Thus ##000000 will not work.

Here are the procedure you will need to do to eliminate Activation Required.

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager and plug in your storm.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

8. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

9. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

10. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

11. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

12. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this help.
    03-24-09 12:55 AM
    could use code myself, tried to get it over the phone with Telus....no f**in way...thanks dillfever
    03-24-09 01:19 AM
    Let me know when you find out.
    03-24-09 01:53 AM
    I just came across this thread. I don't know anything about a code that will unlock your storm for use on a North American Carriers.

However on this thread on the 2nd page was a post by "blackberrystorm9530user" advises he can unlock the Storm. I went over to the store with my active fido sim in hand. They inserted a universal sim card and my fido card into the sim slot. Switched network over to GSM and there was Fido on my screen.

I have tried this with Rogers and T-mobile sims, all worked.

The universal sim card can be found on ebay for under $20.

I not affiliated with "blackberrystorm9530user" or universal sim in any way just passing on my experience.

All I can say is try for yourself if your in GTA.

Cheers

Hungry4dss
    03-24-09 08:58 AM
    In you first picture it appears edge is in lower case only, indicating no data (email, web, bbm). Therefore its not fully unlocked.
    03-24-09 09:48 AM
    I just came across this thread. I don't know anything about a code that will unlock your storm for use on a North American Carriers.

However on this thread on the 2nd page was a post by "blackberrystorm9530user" advises he can unlock the Storm. I went over to the store with my active fido sim in hand. They inserted a universal sim card and my fido card into the sim slot. Switched network over to GSM and there was Fido on my screen.

I have tried this with Rogers and T-mobile sims, all worked.

The universal sim card can be found on ebay for under $20.

I not affiliated with "blackberrystorm9530user" or universal sim in any way just passing on my experience.

All I can say is try for yourself if your in GTA.

Cheers

Hungry4dss

Hi, of course you can use your storm with a card such as XSIM, Universal Sim, Turbo Sim etc ... Those type of cards does not really unlock the phone, it just hide the carrier informations. Another big issue is that you won't be able to have access to bata connection with this kind of solution even though with certain cards, you can have access to data but it's just a piece of ****. I personnally tested and i was really disappointed as the internet connection drops down after 1 or 2 minutes.

What the purpose of having a storm and can't have access to data connection? In this case, a simple gms example the old but robust Nokia 3310 would do the job.
    03-24-09 10:12 AM
    Hey would you mind shooting me a PM ngreen? I can't PM yet and I'm looking to unlock my telus storm

Cheers guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:17 AM
    day 14 is this friday! excitement building!
    03-24-09 10:30 AM
    Yes it is only phone side., Not sure about data as I dont have a data plan on those accounts. The universal sim or turbo just blocks the north american PLMN numbers IE 302072 Canada.

But better then nothing,

Cheers...
    03-24-09 10:36 AM
    I found this on ebay. This is not my posting. I am still wating for my unlocking code from ngreen.

Thanks

TELUS BLACKBERRY STORM CELL PHONE UNLOCKING SERVICE !!! - (eBay.ca item 250393198995 end time 27-Mar-09 14:39:23 EDT)
    03-24-09 10:41 AM
    I agree it would be nice to know when the codes are submitted every 2 weeks, since I'm on day 13 tomorrow is 14. So if it's every 2 weeks then assuming they submitted it exactly 2 weeks ago tomorrow I should have my code tomorrow. If not me and PayPal will have some words
    03-24-09 10:55 AM
    Nearly day 11 for myself, still waiting impatiently, hope that i would be able to unlock the storm before the week-end
    03-24-09 11:06 AM
    I am thinking of getting N95. i already sold iphone and I am gonna sell telus storm soon as well.
    03-24-09 11:07 AM
    With respect to Turbo sim. I contacted a few companies that offer the Turbo sim service as well. They only can activate the phone part not the data. Not worth it for a blackberry.
    No internet, no email, no Pin.
    03-24-09 11:10 AM
    it says activation required and your phone works? if it does then this means the GSM part is working and the CDMA is not unlocked... that is not a full unlock... how did you unlock TURBO SIM? or @ least where did u unlock?

Yes my phone works..as in I'm able to receive/make calls, BB IM works, and push email works/text works! I bought the phone this way, and the seller said it was unlocked from the factory! If it is a partial unlock how can I get it fully unlocked?? Of course I'm with Rogers so I dont think we use CDMA, only GSM right?
    03-24-09 03:53 PM
    Telus Storms have each different codes. Thus ##000000 will not work.

Here are the procedure you will need to do to eliminate Activation Required.

Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager and plug in your storm.

2. Run desktop manager

3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA

4. Select "Qualcomm" under the mode drop menu

5. Click setup and change the port to com4

6. Click read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information

7. Click memory and change the starting address to 0x17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.

8. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.

9. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.

10. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send

11. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.

12. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.

Hope this help.

Thanks so much for the info..will try this out tonight and let you know how it goes...!!
    03-24-09 04:12 PM
    I have ngreen on my MSN list. I purchased an unlock code for my Telus storm and according to him, yesterday, Thursday is the day that we should expect our codes.

Needless to say, if it doesn't work than I am going with Telus as my carrier, as I bought the phone straight out from a Telus store for $600 +taxes.

Hoping it works, though.
    03-24-09 05:57 PM
    Nearly day 11 for myself, still waiting impatiently, hope that i would be able to unlock the storm before the week-end
    how come it's only day 11 for u and every 2 weeks the codes will be sent :? so technically or by transitivity you will be with those people that were sent out after day 4 so if you do the math... IF EVERY 2 WEEKS the codes are sent then you should be waiting more than 14 days like a month or so. Because you would fall under the 28th days

good luck
    03-24-09 08:37 PM
    Yes my phone works..as in I'm able to receive/make calls, BB IM works, and push email works/text works! I bought the phone this way, and the seller said it was unlocked from the factory! If it is a partial unlock how can I get it fully unlocked?? Of course I'm with Rogers so I dont think we use CDMA, only GSM right?
    you need to have a BB plan with ROGERS and tell them to remove you the Visual VM. I have another thread open for that issue. Since sometimes you will not see the person calling you. gives you unlkown number!!!

Then after you have a BB plan with ROGERS you have to do a REGISTER now
    03-24-09 08:39 PM
    I have ngreen on my MSN list. I purchased an unlock code for my Telus storm and according to him, yesterday, Thursday is the day that we should expect our codes.

Needless to say, if it doesn't work than I am going with Telus as my carrier, as I bought the phone straight out from a Telus store for $600 +taxes.

Hoping it works, though.
    did you contact him?
    03-24-09 08:39 PM
    Hey would you mind shooting me a PM ngreen? I can't PM yet and I'm looking to unlock my telus storm

Cheers guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    8830's are unlckable easier than storm... DO NOT PAY FOR THE UNLOCK... use your knowledge
    03-24-09 08:41 PM
    how come it's only day 11 for u and every 2 weeks the codes will be sent :? so technically or by transitivity you will be with those people that were sent out after day 4 so if you do the math... IF EVERY 2 WEEKS the codes are sent then you should be waiting more than 14 days like a month or so. Because you would fall under the 28th days

good luck
    Stay positive. Really need the unlock code.
    03-24-09 11:28 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but what is an unlocked phone? I am on Telus already & do not travel other than in the USA (I live in Alberta Canada).... Is there a benefit to unlocking the phone with Telus that works just fine? What are the benefits? Thanks for not ripping me too bad....
    03-24-09 11:38 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but what is an unlocked phone? I am on Telus already & do not travel other than in the USA (I live in Alberta Canada).... Is there a benefit to unlocking the phone with Telus that works just fine? What are the benefits? Thanks for not ripping me too bad....
    The major benefit is that you can use any sim cards on it. Thus when traveling, you can purchase a prepaid sim card from a local carrier in the country you are visiting. You won't get charge by Telus for roaming.
    03-25-09 12:58 AM
593 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD