05-31-11 06:02 PM
593 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    got a telus storm living in canada.

who can grab me a code and for how much?

had my old storm unlocked but had to get a replacment....ugh!
    05-19-09 01:27 AM
    got a telus storm living in canada.

who can grab me a code and for how much?

had my old storm unlocked but had to get a replacment....ugh!
    Hi
    We can help you get your Telus or Bell Storm Unlocked.
    05-19-09 07:40 AM
    cellunlocknet

can u check my order and tell me the status order number 20396.
    05-19-09 09:54 PM
    cellunlocknet

can u check my order and tell me the status order number 20396.
    We tried to include your order in last submit but it didn't make it, so your unlock code will return next week.
    05-23-09 01:32 PM
    So just from looking through the first couple pages, it looks like this will only unlock the GSM portion of it?

No way to unlock the CDMA portion of the Storm 9530?
    05-24-09 01:28 AM
    Hello Everyone,

We will be accepting orders for Bell/Telus Storms Unlocks until tonight 9pm EST for this processing. Codes are expected in a couple of days.

If you order after 9PM EST, you will only get the code in 2 weeks
    05-26-09 05:50 PM
    So just from looking through the first couple pages, it looks like this will only unlock the GSM portion of it?

No way to unlock the CDMA portion of the Storm 9530?
    From what I understand, CDMA phones aren't locked at a hardware level. Its just a matter of whether a carrier wants to accept a foreign handset on their network. Sprint, Verizon, Telus and Bell all don't, so what's the point?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:15 PM
    From what I understand, CDMA phones aren't locked at a hardware level. Its just a matter of whether a carrier wants to accept a foreign handset on their network. Sprint, Verizon, Telus and Bell all don't, so what's the point?

My carrier accepts phones from other carriers, but the problem is that they can't unlock the data portion. I can make phone calls and send text but I won't be able to use the internet. I know with my last phone there was supposed to be a way to like flash the firmware but no one seemed to want to do it.

I was just curious if Blackberry's were any easier, or if more people do that.
    05-27-09 02:41 PM
    i have the mep code for the bb storm 9350 and im about to test it out for myself in a few if it works i will share with everyone
    05-27-09 09:46 PM
    My carrier accepts phones from other carriers, but the problem is that they can't unlock the data portion. I can make phone calls and send text but I won't be able to use the internet. I know with my last phone there was supposed to be a way to like flash the firmware but no one seemed to want to do it.

I was just curious if Blackberry's were any easier, or if more people do that.
    Does the carrier have Blackberry plans? If so, I believe all you need is the service books from your carrier. I believe there is a thread here somewhere about getting the Storm to work on Alltel and I'm sure the process would be the same for other CDMA carriers.

05-27-09 11:22 PM
    So, I'm anxiously awaiting the return of my unlock code, hopefully soon, but I was wondering from people's experience is it cheaper/easier to get the SIM cards once you've arrived in the country or before you go? Mostly right now only concerned with the US as I'm in Canada and go across the border frequently so I want cheap voice and texting while I'm there, and is AT&T or T-Mobile better, or is there a difference?
    05-28-09 02:58 PM
    Does the carrier have Blackberry plans? If so, I believe all you need is the service books from your carrier. I believe there is a thread here somewhere about getting the Storm to work on Alltel and I'm sure the process would be the same for other CDMA carriers.

Yeah I got a curve right now, but my Dad wanted to try the Storm, just didn't want to pay $700-$900 for retail. I'll have to check out that Alltell Thread.
    05-28-09 03:23 PM
    Just a quick update for those of you waiting for the Bell/Storm Codes. we were expecting to get them yesterday (Friday) but they got delayed again, next ETA is Monday, hopefully they will be right this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    05-30-09 01:19 PM
    Good News!

Bell & Telus Storm Codes from last submit are in, we are sorting them and sending shortly.
    06-01-09 05:33 PM
    place my order cant wait finally
    06-01-09 05:40 PM
    arent bell and telus CDMA ... so you can't use sim cards?.. I don't understand.
    06-01-09 06:20 PM
    bump..

10 chars
    06-01-09 06:54 PM
    so the unlock code only is good for calling and stuff right we can not use it to browse the internet.
    06-02-09 03:53 AM
    arent bell and telus CDMA ... so you can't use sim cards?.. I don't understand.
    The Storm is a world phone and has North American GSM bands as well as CDMA. You can unlock it for use with Fido or Rogers, just no 3G.
    06-02-09 08:04 AM
    The Storm is a world phone and has North American GSM bands as well as CDMA. You can unlock it for use with Fido or Rogers, just no 3G.
    Ick. I was thinking of gwtting one. But no 3G.. no thanks.

06-02-09 08:07 AM
    I'm in the states with my phone 9530 storm unlocked. I bought a pay as you go sim card from AT&T; calls and texts work fine but they are telling me that I can't get data unless I sign up for a standard monthly plan.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or is there a way around this? I only travel to the US once every few months so I don't want a monthly bill.
    06-02-09 10:27 AM
    I'm in the states with my phone 9530 storm unlocked. I bought a pay as you go sim card from AT&T; calls and texts work fine but they are telling me that I can't get data unless I sign up for a standard monthly plan.

Does anyone know if this is true? Or is there a way around this? I only travel to the US once every few months so I don't want a monthly bill.
    Some sellers on Ebay sell T-Mobile Sim cards with data for around $20-$30 and are suppose to work 28 days. We've had customers very happy with them and some other that only lasted a couple of days ..worth the try
    06-02-09 11:43 AM
    Some sellers on Ebay sell T-Mobile Sim cards with data for around $20-$30 and are suppose to work 28 days. We've had customers very happy with them and some other that only lasted a couple of days ..worth the try
    Thanks for the info.

Do you know if I can I just got to a T-mobile store here and pick up one of these sim cards?
    06-02-09 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the info.

Do you know if I can I just got to a T-mobile store here and pick up one of these sim cards?
    Hi
    No they don't sell them, only place to find them is on Ebay or you can buy a virgin T-Mobile SIM card in a store and we could have our source activate it.
    06-02-09 01:10 PM
    thanks for the code man it worked....
    06-02-09 02:49 PM
593 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD