05-31-11 07:02 PM
593 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I understand that this thread is for Telus/Bell users in Canada, but in case any Verizon Wireless people happen to look here, they don't need to buy the SIM unlock code for their Storm. VZW will give it to them free for the asking. Just mention that you are traveling internationally and want to use another SIM. This is not restricted to those who paid full retail.

Those of us using Verizon Wireless thought that our carrier really was the expert at extra charges, but it seems that the Canadian carriers are even better (like the MMS restrictions) .
    yea I don't understand why Telus does this....can someone please explain why no MMS on Telus?????
    04-15-09 09:35 AM
    ngreen,

I am leaving for asia and I just read that I can use my storm instead of the crappy little nokia, However I need a quicker turnaround than what you are mentioning... is this possible? im tight for time. Please PM me. I dont have 10 posts yet.

Thank you.
    04-15-09 01:24 PM
    I just unlocked my telus storm using the code provided by cellunlocknet.
    THanks cellunlocknet.
    04-16-09 09:37 AM
    We provide unlock codes for unlocking Blackberry Storm from Telus/Bell. You can get $5 off for your storm unlock code if you are a member from Crackberry.
    04-16-09 10:20 AM
    Has anyone not been able to get a code for a Telus Storm? I have tried two places, the first couldn't get it and the second isn't looking very good. Is it possible that a code could never be found?
    04-16-09 02:17 PM
    Um, I'm not sure that I understand... I'm on Telus and when I started up my storm 9530, it would ask me if I wanted it to auto-detect CDMA or GSM on startup. Doesn't that mean it's capable of connecting to both without an unlock code? Or am I missing something here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 03:25 PM
    Um, I'm not sure that I understand... I'm on Telus and when I started up my storm 9530, it would ask me if I wanted it to auto-detect CDMA or GSM on startup. Doesn't that mean it's capable of connecting to both without an unlock code? Or am I missing something here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Where did you get your Storm? If you just purchased it from Telus directly then it would be locked and an unlock code would be required. If you purchased it off ebay or something like that it may be unlocked. Go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card>Type MEPD. Does it say that everything is disabled?
    04-17-09 08:56 AM
    Now that I have the phone unlock...when I travel to the USA how do I get an AT&T or T-Mobile sim card. Can I pick one up from their store or do I need to live in the USA?
    04-17-09 09:20 AM
    Now that I have the phone unlock...when I travel to the USA how do I get an AT&T or T-Mobile sim card. Can I pick one up from their store or do I need to live in the USA?
    Hi
    You can walk in any AT&T/T-Mobile store and get a prepaid SIM card.
    04-17-09 09:22 AM
    So I just found out that I will never be able to get an unlock code for my Telus Storm. The person I purchased it from said it was his second unit, the first one had battery issues so he had to get it replaced. I was told that because this was a replacement storm that I will never be able to get an unlock code. When i purchased the phone I seen it working on Telus and then he got it removed from his account right in front of me. So is it true that I will never be able to get an unlock code?
    04-17-09 09:37 AM
    So I just found out that I will never be able to get an unlock code for my Telus Storm. The person I purchased it from said it was his second unit, the first one had battery issues so he had to get it replaced. I was told that because this was a replacement storm that I will never be able to get an unlock code. When i purchased the phone I seen it working on Telus and then he got it removed from his account right in front of me. So is it true that I will never be able to get an unlock code?
    Hi
    We had 5 replacement units that we submitted for last process and all 5 codes came back so it shouldn't be a problem.
    04-17-09 09:39 AM
    Thanks for the info...I will do that when I go to the USA.
    04-17-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the info...I will do that when I go to the USA.
    No problem! How long are you going to the USA for? We might have something interesting for you.
    04-17-09 12:10 PM
    I am going for about 5 days and need voice and data package pay as you go...which carrier is the cheapest.
    04-17-09 01:32 PM
    I am going for about 5 days and need voice and data package pay as you go...which carrier is the cheapest.
    Email us at sales@cellunlock.net and we will propose you something you might like.
    04-17-09 01:33 PM
    Hey Cellunlock.net,

I'm Kevin...

I ordered the Telus 9530 Unlock from your website...

Woohoo, I am so excited and I just can't hide it!!! Lol!!!

Damn, I can't wait till next friday...
    04-17-09 02:03 PM
    Hey Cellunlock.net,

I'm Kevin...

I ordered the Telus 9530 Unlock from your website...

Woohoo, I am so excited and I just can't hide it!!! Lol!!!

Damn, I can't wait till next friday...
    Thank you for your support, the minute we get the codes back, we will email you.

Once again, thank you!
    04-17-09 02:06 PM
    Email us at and we will propose you something you might like.
    Just sent an email to you...I hope it's good
    04-17-09 02:54 PM
    Just a friendly reminder, that tonight (April 21st) 7pm Eastern time is the deadline to get your Bell and Telus orders in.
    Codes will return no later than Monday, April 27th, 2009.

Thank you,
    MykleCell.com
    Just PM'ed you MykleCell about unlocking a replacement storm.
    04-21-09 12:50 PM
    Hello Everyone,

At the time of this post, we are still taking orders for this submission. Once deadline is reached, we will let you know. Processing should be tonight but might be tomorrow also, so if you still haven't place your order, please do to avoid any delays.
    04-22-09 10:02 AM
    Question to all the people/companies that provide unlocking services. Have any of you come across an IMEI for a Storm that you could not get a code for?
    04-22-09 10:28 AM
    Question to all the people/companies that provide unlocking services. Have any of you come across an IMEI for a Storm that you could not get a code for?
    Hi
    Never for Bell & Telus Storms. Has already happenned for phones locked to other providers in the world, but that's like 1/1000
    04-22-09 10:31 AM
    Hi, I have owned the Storm from Telus since its release. I love the phone except for the GPS does not work. I was told by both Telus and BB that when the firmware was released this issue would be resolved. Now obviously it has been a few months and still no release. I have no problem using leaked updates but i have no clue how to find these leaked versions or install them. I know that may make me look a lil dumb but can anyone please show me the way...

Much appreciated
    04-22-09 01:33 PM
    Hi, I have owned the Storm from Telus since its release. I love the phone except for the GPS does not work. I was told by both Telus and BB that when the firmware was released this issue would be resolved. Now obviously it has been a few months and still no release. I have no problem using leaked updates but i have no clue how to find these leaked versions or install them. I know that may make me look a lil dumb but can anyone please show me the way...

Much appreciated
    Hi, a little serch on crackberry forum will definitely help. Anyway, here is the link with i used to download the os am actually using on my telus storm and gps was unlock with it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...d-here-189149/
    04-22-09 02:34 PM
    Thanks for the update... Do you know if this will effect the telus email or any other functionality negatively???
    04-22-09 03:41 PM
593 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD