Hi my name is Patches...I am writing everyone who will read this and maybe help me out. I have ordered to 12 online companies stating they could unlock my verizon blackberry storm 9530. I was only refunded by 9 of those site. All of them stated there was no code to unlock my phone, they could only unlock the 9500 model. Is there any one out there that can help me. I dont want to spend another 200 trying to find someone to unlock my phone and never get my money back.
    Thanks for your time.
    12-16-08 07:27 AM
    just call verizon's international department to get the unlock codes, i personally think it was stupid on ur part to spend all that money through all those different companies. You call verizon's international department, tell them your going overseas, theyll give u the Sim Unlock code, vwallah. theres also multiple threads on this forum answer this question as well as going into great detail, 2 of which are stickied at the top of the storm forum
    12-16-08 07:55 AM
    Ahhh call vzw

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 07:55 AM
    I just did it. It takes like 5 min. I just asked for the unlock code for my storm. No questions asked.
    12-16-08 08:03 AM
    I just did it. It takes like 5 min. I just asked for the unlock code for my storm. No questions asked.
    as you can see, he is on T-Mobile.

Unless you bought it full retail, they will not release the code to you.

I have a sister on Verizon and she called and used her account info.

Hope this helps!
    12-16-08 09:12 AM
    as you can see, he is on T-Mobile.

Unless you bought it full retail, they will not release the code to you.

I have a sister on Verizon and she called and used her account info.

Hope this helps!

Actually I bought at full retail and they still would NOT give me the code. Luckily my mom is with Verizon so I added the phone and had it unlocked and then removed the phone.

I told them I thought it was a bit crazy to lock me out of a phone that I paid full retail for, I mean isn't it MY phone now?
    12-16-08 09:21 AM
    Thanks everyone....I dont have verizon...I did try to call them anyway. All my friends and family have tmobile and Sprint. Do you think I should just try to sell the phone and buy one that is a little more but that is already unlocked?
    12-16-08 09:37 AM
    Actually I bought at full retail and they still would NOT give me the code. Luckily my mom is with Verizon so I added the phone and had it unlocked and then removed the phone.

I told them I thought it was a bit crazy to lock me out of a phone that I paid full retail for, I mean isn't it MY phone now?
    Thats a little crazy. I actually think they HAVE to give you the unlock code. You paid full retial... It isn't their phone anymore...
    12-16-08 09:48 AM
    Thanks everyone....I don't have Verizon...I did try to call them anyway. All my friends and family have tmobile and Sprint. Do you think I should just try to sell the phone and buy one that is a little more but that is already unlocked?

This is really up to you. I will say I have not had the same lucky unlocking my Storm. I have called Verizon and just wanted to eliminate any over seas hassles as it relates to sim cards. I have played CSR Roulette with no success over at the Global department. So far I have attempted 4 times. I also wanted it unlocked in the event I decide to sell the phone which is more valuable from what I see on Ebay. Not to mentions I have a NE2 on my account now which is tempting me to buy a second one and sell on Ebay.
    12-16-08 09:56 AM
    I also dont have vzw but own a storm. when I called they could not help me either. when u called did they ask for the meid? and if so are the code # and the meid # alike?
    12-18-08 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD