Bought 2 blackberry storm 2 9550, by the time I need to type in MEPD on the sim card advance option , I can't get the "Enter Network MEP" prompt to appear. Nothing happens when I enter MEPD, MEPPD, etc.

Both phone are having the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there another method for entering the unlock code?

thanks
    07-29-10 12:59 AM
    Bought 2 blackberry storm 2 9550, by the time I need to type in MEPD on the sim card advance option , I can't get the "Enter Network MEP" prompt to appear. Nothing happens when I enter MEPD, MEPPD, etc.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there another method for entering the unlock code?

thanks
    Typing MEPD should display the status of the five locks, then you should type MEP2 to get the phone to ask for the code.

BR

Des
    07-29-10 09:02 AM

thanks
    Typing MEPD gets you the SIM Personalization screen not a ACTUAL prompt. For that you type MEP2 after typing MEPD.
    07-30-10 01:48 PM
    Assuming that you know you need to type mep2 after you get the mepd menu, then what does it say next to 'Network' on the list?
    08-01-10 11:54 AM
    I also get no screen to come up once i type mep2 on my blackberry storm 9530. I tried a hard reset to see if that would change anything but it didn't. Does anyone have any ideas?
    08-02-10 08:11 PM
    What does it say after typing mepd?
    08-03-10 01:09 AM
    I have a 9530. I have the unlock code. I followed the steps leading up to typing in mepd and mep2 after i do that nothing prompts me to enter unlock code.

However I had succesfully did the unlock and went to enable sim card security, got the puk code, and it is saying its the wrong #.

So then I thought maybe its not unlocked anymore and went to unlock it again now nothing happens after I type mepd mep2. does that mean it is unlocked? I got the PUK from tmobile any other ideas??
    08-18-10 04:18 PM
    Why would you enable sim security if no unlocking instructions state doing that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 04:57 PM
    It seems like I ran into same behavior when SIM was inserted the wrong way...
    04-22-11 05:46 PM
    once a phone is unlocked it's always unlocked. When you type in mepd what does it say across from network? if it says disabled or inactive your phone is unlocked. try taking the battery out for 5 minutes and putting in a different sim card.
    04-25-11 05:10 PM
    Hope you figured out if your phone was unlocked if any questions let us know!
    04-27-11 08:19 PM
    It seems like I ran into same behavior when SIM was inserted the wrong way...
    Yes indeed, 9530/9550/9630/9650 will require a SIM card in order to get the Personalization screen and unlock.
    04-28-11 12:27 AM
    sir,,in my case for tour 963 network says BLOCKED ,AND i'mm not able to use any sm sim in it,also after typing mep2 or 4 it doesnot show anything
    kindly help
    10-06-11 11:47 AM
    Make sure your mep codes are correct, contact your carrier.
    10-08-11 09:12 AM
    Try to hold ALT key while typing MEP2
    10-08-11 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD