I retired the iphone gig because im sick of buying new friggin screens for the thing.. I was always jailbroken so im used to all the step by step procedures to make the phone work the way i want it to. When you unlock a blackberry is that like Jailbreaking or is it just unlocking it so you can use any carrier? TYhanks and sorry for the newb question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 03:54 AM
    Unlocking a BlackBerry just allows you to use any carrier. There is no need to jailbreak it like you did the iPhone. All the functionality of a BlackBerry is available without any extra unlocking steps.
    12-14-10 07:16 AM
    I retired the iphone gig because im sick of buying new friggin screens for the thing.. I was always jailbroken so im used to all the step by step procedures to make the phone work the way i want it to. When you unlock a blackberry is that like Jailbreaking or is it just unlocking it so you can use any carrier? TYhanks and sorry for the newb question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

unlocking blackberry's is a lot different than jailbreaking iphones. Unlocking blackberry's will enable you to use any carrier, raise the value of you phone, and help you go overseas without roaming
    12-14-10 10:33 AM
    Unlocking a Blackberry is much easier than unlocking an Iphone. Only a network code or service provider code is required when unlocking a Blackberry. With Iphone, you need to jailbreak it first and then download the unlock tool which is not equivalent with the new Iphone OS upgrades.
    12-14-10 12:52 PM
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Blackberry

As the other guys have said above, its a completely different process. Blackberry's are only locked to networks, so unlocking it only allows you to use it across carriers (whether in your home country, or while travelling abroad).
    12-14-10 08:45 PM
    Unlocking a Blackberry is much easier than unlocking an Iphone. Only a network code or service provider code is required when unlocking a Blackberry. With Iphone, you need to jailbreak it first and then download the unlock tool which is not equivalent with the new Iphone OS upgrades.

said great ^ if you can make a call you can unlock a blackberry! with iphone it's 10 steps plus. downloading, plugging things in, very frustrating.
    12-15-10 04:57 PM
    If u have an BBOS just pm me ur imei and mep id or prd and I'll get you an unlock code

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:56 AM
    If u have an BBOS just pm me ur imei and mep id or prd and I'll get you an unlock code

Posted via CB10
    if BB 10 - what you do ???
    06-07-14 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD