Hi,

I on AT&T full data plan (with international coverage). I'm going to Costa Rica and thinking about unlocking my phone for local cheaper service. If I do this, will I still be able to receive all my regular emails, BB messenger, etc.? Texts? Thanks.
    02-24-10 12:57 PM
    Hi,

I on AT&T full data plan (with international coverage). I'm going to Costa Rica and thinking about unlocking my phone for local cheaper service. If I do this, will I still be able to receive all my regular emails, BB messenger, etc.? Texts? Thanks.
    With your AT&T SIM card now yes, once in Costa Rica you need to make sure that the local service you get offers Blackberry Data Plan and you will be able to use all features as well.

So you have nothing to worry, unlocking will not affect your current features in any way.
    02-24-10 05:22 PM
    Sure you will when you have your ATT sim in the phone, but unless Costa Rica has a prepaid sim that allows you to have a data plan (which I don't think they do), then you wouldn't have access to them when you have the other sim inside.

Let us know if you need any help unlocking your phone
    02-24-10 06:35 PM
    If you really need your Blackberry data, you can pop in your ATT SIM whenever you need access and use a local prepaid card for regular voice.
    02-24-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD