If I want to unlock my Curve I heard AT&T has the unlock code for it. Anyone have experience with this? How much does it cost? Most importantly, did it work? Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 04:25 PM
    This has been asked million of times.. A simple search could have brought you right to the answer..

But to answer your question.. I myself called att and "informed them, that was about to go out of country" and they gave me an unlock code free of charge..

02-02-09 04:30 PM
    Thanks tae_254, you're right, I just searched and see what you are talking about. Thanks a lot.

02-02-09 04:39 PM
    check the stickey in the top section of the forum, its always stickied wit the newest OS releases.
    02-02-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks everyone! I called AT&T and got the unlock code, followed the instructions from the sticky and unlocked my own phone! Thanks again.
    02-03-09 03:57 PM
    dumb question but what would be the purpouse of this and also what is the code. thank you
    02-03-09 04:13 PM
    its so u cana use ur phone with any sim card not just the carrier u brought it from =]
    02-03-09 04:29 PM
    true that homie
    02-03-09 04:42 PM
    so i can call atat and say im leaving the country and they will give me this code free of charge? also will this alow me to use bbmaps
    02-03-09 04:45 PM
    yes, you can call them and tell them you need the unlock code for your BlackBerry because you need to take it with you out of the country, you will need your IMEI, but I didn't because it was on file with AT&T. As for the BlackBerry maps, i'm not too sure but I think you can download it here: BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    02-03-09 09:43 PM
    It is true that many times they will just "give" you the unlock code for free. But they first look at your bill, how long you've had their service and other things to decide whether or not they give it to you. Also, there is a chance (about 30-40%) that their system (which I've forgotten the name to, its something like creeper or peeker) doesn't have your codes unlock.

In that case you'll have to go to a third party company to unlock your phone. It is usually done fairly cheaply ($30 or so).
    02-03-09 10:21 PM