10-15-10 08:03 PM
47 12
tools
    hey, I just bought a T-mobile 8320 for my mom.. She's got ATT and i was wondering how to unlock it to be usable for ATT... Need to get this done by xmas.. thanks guys.
    12-24-07 12:08 AM
    You can try out this website,GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do for a small fee,they will unlock your curve,hope this helps.
    Last edited by castlerock611; 12-24-07 at 06:54 AM.
    12-24-07 06:50 AM
    that's a good price! You could also try the small, whole-in-the-wall cell phone re-sellers. They generally do not advertise it but will do it.
    12-24-07 09:55 AM
    GSM Source is VERY good! I've used him quite a few times, and he's quick, albeit he only provides the codes at night / early morning...
    12-24-07 11:41 AM
    oh, and i was messing around with the browser and it only works on wireless for a few pages... not to happy about that...
    12-24-07 01:22 PM
    For those who have time and want to unlock their curve for free,you can call t-mobile and as long as you've been in good standing and had a accont for at least a few months you can have them give you the unlock codes if you tell them your going out of country and you want to use a local sim card to save on roaming charges

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 02:19 PM
    I've heard that too..about calling Tmobile and just telling them you are going international. Since they have good customer service, you shouldn't have a problem getting the unlock code from them. good luck
    12-26-07 02:14 PM
    I have a Blackberry 8320 that was given to me. It is a T-Mobile PDA and I am wondering about getting T-Mobile to unlock it with that story, however I myself have never been on any plans with them. I got hte phone 100% legally, it was left on a Bus and return attempts were made for a couple months and it was not claimed, so according to local laws that I know of and various LEO people I have asked it is rightfully mine. The problem is that I use verizon and need to get it unnlocked. is there any way to get this done for free, or where I can get the unlock box for this model, I have looked around and cannot find one that is said to work on the 8320, unless the ones for 8310 work as well. Id just rather spend the money on the equipment rather than a service. That way I can include this in my services I offer for my business. Thanks for any info yall could give me
    05-01-08 04:24 PM
    PC Guy the problem you may run up against is that if the phone is reported as lost or stolen the IMEI will be flagged and blocked by all carriers. Which means it will be virtually impossible to get service on that phone, locked or not.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-01-08 at 05:01 PM.
    05-01-08 04:39 PM
    umm..verizon and tmo don't work the same way. verizon doesn't use sim cards. if you unlock it, you have to use it with rogers, att, etc.GSM folks. Not CDMA verizon, sprint, nextel (i think)

im just spittin here. I don't think they are interchangeable.

If im wrong someone correct me, lets see if we can help our buddy out!
    05-01-08 04:51 PM
    umm..verizon and tmo don't work the same way. verizon doesn't use sim cards. if you unlock it, you have to use it with rogers, att, etc.GSM folks. Not CDMA verizon, sprint, nextel (i think)

im just spittin here. I don't think they are interchangeable.

If im wrong someone correct me, lets see if we can help our buddy out!
    that is 100% correct you will not be able to use a tmo phone on verizon
    05-01-08 04:53 PM
    that is 100% correct you will not be able to use a tmo phone on verizon
    80%... Nextel is GSM. I'm wondering though, can I use my unlocked device on their network?
    05-02-08 12:15 AM
    These days Nextel and Verizon (in Europe) have some GSM. However, from what I have been able to find out, you can't use a GSM phone with Verizon unless it's provided by them. In the US, it would be on their CDMA network, and switch to GSM in Europe (the 8830 WorldPhone does this) Not sure about Nextel.

I would definitely call TMobile to have the phone unlocked. I think they will provide unlocks to almost anyone. I unlocked my 8320 almost as soon as I got it.

05-03-08 06:12 PM
    okay, I understand there is a posibility that I cant use it with verizon because they dont use sim cards, BUT I know they offer a blackberry through verizon, Isnt there a way to get them to allow me to use another device I already own, I just find it odd that they offer a blackberry but I cant use my own already. The only reason im being adamate about this is because other carriers want like 400-500 deposit from me to start service and this is rediculous because I already paid nearly that much for one provider. And thanks for all the info so far guys.

Oh and also I am somewhat software inclined but was wondering if anyone knows what compilers or software would be used to utilize the USB connection for me to edit or create my own programs for it, or how to send them into the smartphone via USB instead of MicroSD card?
    05-08-08 11:58 PM
    Oh and also I am somewhat software inclined but was wondering if anyone knows what compilers or software would be used to utilize the USB connection for me to edit or create my own programs for it, or how to send them into the smartphone via USB instead of MicroSD card?
    If you're looking develop your own apps, you'll find everything you need here:
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Program | Downloads for Application Development and Java
    05-09-08 12:06 AM
    Its not about whether or not Verizon allows you to use other devices or not. The fact of the matter is a tmobile phone is not compatible with verizons network. Oh, and tmobile doesn't do deposits with their new flexpay plans, might want to check that out.

05-09-08 12:06 AM
    okay, I understand there is a posibility that I cant use it with verizon because they dont use sim cards, BUT I know they offer a blackberry through verizon, Isnt there a way to get them to allow me to use another device I already own, I just find it odd that they offer a blackberry but I cant use my own already. The only reason im being adamate about this is because other carriers want like 400-500 deposit from me to start service and this is rediculous because I already paid nearly that much for one provider. And thanks for all the info so far guys.

Not really odd at all, they sure do offer service on blackberry, the pearl, that doesn't have a sim card.

Depending on how much voice you need, go with pp sim and forget the monthly bill.
    05-10-08 07:16 AM
    awesome, that helped alot for getting some scrypying tools, I have decided that Im just gonna pay for an IMEI unlock and then EBAY the phone off
    05-11-08 11:47 AM
    awesome, that helped alot for getting some scrypying tools, I have decided that Im just gonna pay for an IMEI unlock and then EBAY the phone off
    I did my 8310 the same way,except for one thing.

Didn't pay for the unlock. Got it done free by the locking company.
    05-11-08 03:00 PM
    You can try out this website,GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do for a small fee,they will unlock your curve,hope this helps.
    Nice! Thanks for the link. Will find it useful some day.
    05-11-08 03:36 PM
    PC Guy the problem you may run up against is that if the phone is reported as lost or stolen the IMEI will be flagged and blocked by all carriers. Which means it will be virtually impossible to get service on that phone, locked or not.
    What happens if it is lost or stolen? You just will be denied service? Is there anyway to find out if it was reported??
    08-11-08 02:19 PM
    80%... Nextel is GSM. I'm wondering though, can I use my unlocked device on their network?
    Nextel is NOT GSM. It is very similar by using SIM cards but they run off a hybird network called iDen. That's why it won't work. Nextel phones can't and won't ever roam on GSM networks (tmo and att) and GSM phones from att/tmo will NEVER roam on nextels network. The only thing you can do with a nextel is unlock it to work with boost mobile since boost actually uses nextels networks.
    08-14-08 03:03 PM

I don't think that you will be able to use the 8320 on verizon because tmobile is gsm and verizon is cdma and have different radios and different chipsets to operate them you could try Att though
    08-14-08 03:20 PM
    those guys are not cheap.. very expensive.. these guys are cheap and fast in unlocking the blackberry.. I got mine done within 12 hours.. fastunlocker.com
    11-25-08 02:52 AM
    No advertising!! Read rules.

UNLOCK your phone for FREE never pay, see link below.
    11-25-08 05:50 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD