Hi i had a t-mobile blackberry curve 8320 and now i have this crappy ATnT nokia phone. Correct me if im i did something wrong, I pretty much called ATnT and got a unlock code from them. (was i supposed to call t-mobile or ATnT)

So i got the unlock code and i followed the steps to access the MEP code insert prompt, however it stated that there was an error when entering the code.

Although, while speaking to the customer service representative at ATnT, i told them that i was traveling out of the country, and thats why i needed a unlock code. However, when i called again stating that the code did not work, they mentioned that its because you have to be out of the country for the code to actually work.

Is that correct? does it matter where i have to be to actually use the unlock code.

one more thing...SO from my understanding i was supposed to put my ATnT sim card into my blackberry curve and then insert the code? is that the correct procedure?

thanks
    12-03-08 03:13 PM
    You need to call Tmo not AT&T.
    12-03-08 03:15 PM
    I gather you are trying to unlock your T-Mobile Curve not the Nokia - - not too sure from your post, but I will assume you want to unlock the Curve - - since the Curve is from T-Mobile you have to get the unlock code from T-Mobile ........ you don't have to be out of the country to enter the unlock code......simple procedure you can do at anytime.
    12-03-08 03:18 PM
    Oh and if you no longer have an active account at T-Mobile they will probably not give you the unlock code - - their rules stipulate an active account with at least a 90 day history, so if that is the case you may have to get the Curve unlocked by a service online such as HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center or do a search here on CB for unlock services and you can find out what unlocking service people have had good luck with, but if I recall correctly Horizon has a good record.
    12-03-08 03:30 PM
    i need 8320 code
    12-08-08 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD