Is it possible to fully unlock a blackberry to use all the features on any service provider? I was recently told that when you buy a blackberry from a specific carrier that there is some restrictions on what you can do.
    12-01-10 11:01 PM
    as long as the GSM bands of the phone correspond to the bands that your carrier use, once the phone is unlocked and the service books are sent, the phone should have full functionality. the only thing you may have trouble with are UMA and getting 3G signal.
    12-01-10 11:38 PM
    The only thing that will not work is 3G, if you have a 3G device on AT&T and wish to use it on T-Mobile or vice-versa.

AT&T and T-Mobile use different frequency bands for their 3G, so you will only get EDGE on T-Mobile with an AT&T device, or vice-versa.
    12-01-10 11:43 PM
    Dictoresno and Lak611 are correct the only thing that will not work is the 3G.

Please let us know if we could be of any assistance in unlocking your blackberry. You can also email us with any questions that you may have.
    12-02-10 12:06 AM
    Is it possible to fully unlock a blackberry to use all the features on any service provider? I was recently told that when you buy a blackberry from a specific carrier that there is some restrictions on what you can do.

If you need help unlocking we'd love to unlock your phone!

as for restrictions. You will need to move the service books(internet, email, etc.) but can be done.

and 3G will be gone. But besides that you won't have a problem! any questions please check our signature or PM us

thank you
    12-02-10 01:10 AM
    Will a unlocked torch work on verizon network?
    12-02-10 08:46 PM
    No. The Torch is a GSM device, and VZW has a CDMA network. You cannot use any GSM phones on VZW.
    12-02-10 09:39 PM

if you unlock a torch it will only work on other gsm networks like Tmobile rogers o2 etc.
    12-02-10 11:20 PM
    Just to clarify, 3G doesn't automatically just stop working when you unlock a phone.

There are MANY networks that 3G will remain working for. For example, unlocking a Rogers, Fido, AT&T, Bell, Telus BB, 3G would continue to work on either of these networks. Its only Tmobile and Wind Mobile in Canada that would make the 3G stop working because they use different frequencies
    12-04-10 11:59 AM
    Will an unlocked 9650 be able to switch back and forth between Sprint and another GSM carrier in a matter of seconds to utilize two separate lines from one phone?
    12-04-10 01:29 PM
    No. You can't have both the GSM and CDMA radios active at the same time. You would have to manually switch.
    12-04-10 01:43 PM
    You did not fully understand my question.... I want to manually switch. Is it easy to do in a short matter of time.
    I do not want both active at the same time but would want the inactive one to go straight to VM
    12-04-10 03:36 PM
    Of course if one is not active the other would go straight to voicemail
    12-04-10 10:12 PM
    What if I buy a VZW/Sprint 9650 and want to use it on a different CDMA network (CellularSouth)??? How big of an issue is that?
    12-05-10 11:39 PM
    Typically, CDMA carriers will not allow devices from other networks to be activated on their network.

You should call your carrier and be 100 percent sure prior to purchasing a device.
    Setanta likes this.
    12-06-10 07:36 AM
    All GSM/HSPA can be unlocked but you need to make sure if they are compatible with each network.
    12-09-10 03:52 PM
    It all depends the Blackberry model you have and the provider you wish to use it with. For example a 9530 from Verizon would only work on T-Mobile/ATT EDGE (2G) Network but you would still be able to use all features such as Email/Browser/BBM etc..

Another example is a Rogers 9780 would work on ATT's 3G frequency and all features would work as well.
    12-10-10 01:00 PM
    it would be nice if there was a cut and dry answer for every phone but unfortunately most phones differ on most networks. it's always best and safer to check your network or ask the unlockers on here to make sure!
    12-11-10 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD