Hi there, I'm a new user and this was all mysterious to me until yesterday, so I just thought I'd share a website that worked well for me. My old Razor phone died and a friend gave me his old AT&T Blackberry...locked. I found this site, followed the instructions, paid $10 online and within 3 hours had the unlock code, which worked on the first try...I'm no techno genius, but it was straightforward and easy:

Unlock Cell Phone : Cell Phone Unlocking : Unlocked Cell Phone Service
    10-10-10 06:44 PM
    Welcome to the addiction! Thanks for the link. There are many companies that have websites used by the CB Nation. Im sure you'l ru across them as you run through the forums.
    10-10-10 07:03 PM
    My guess....she's not staying on CB long enough to find out who we are!
    10-11-10 11:07 PM
    Hi.. there are many sites that offer such service. Even i know this site Mobile Unlock Guide : Get unlocking instructions for your mobile phone that give unlock instructions and www.mobileunlockguide.com gives the unlock codes.
    2 to 10 Hours @ $ 74.36 US Dollars is pretty steep I would say for a code.
    10-12-10 10:27 AM
    Obviously, the OP ("Chrissy Bee") and "graciej" just signed up to promote their websites. You see they both have 1 post (which these were their first) - makes newcomers like me look bad
    10-12-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD