Ok, so the phone now turns on however currently my Blackberry Pearl 8100 phone/software is locked to Vodafone in Australia does anyone know a way of unlocking this, or wiping the phone & reinstalling the software on it so that it can be used on another carrier?

Am trying to do this so I can use for an upcoming trip overseas this weekend, so am desperate for help!

Thanks so much :-)
    03-11-08 07:47 PM
    Do a search online for unlock codes for the Pearl. I've found a good place for them is ebay, they're pretty cheap and you can get a good bargain. I'm also planning to unlock my Pearl from ebay before I go back home for a visit.
    03-11-08 09:11 PM
    If you actually use Vodaphone, you might try calling them as well, most carriers will give you the subsidy unlock code, under the proper circumstances.
    03-11-08 09:14 PM
    Good idea, I forgot about that. I was thinking of my carrier, Rogers, which pretty much refuses to give out subsidy codes :P.
    03-11-08 11:18 PM
    Ok, so the phone now turns on however currently my Blackberry Pearl 8100 phone/software is locked to Vodafone in Australia does anyone know a way of unlocking this, or wiping the phone & reinstalling the software on it so that it can be used on another carrier?

Am trying to do this so I can use for an upcoming trip overseas this weekend, so am desperate for help!

Thanks so much :-)
    cool thanks
    06-29-08 01:45 PM
    06-29-08 01:49 PM
    i need the code to unlock
    06-29-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD