Hello,

I need to find out how to unlock a Bell Blackberry World phone. I want to switch it to a Telus account. Any help would be great, please message me.

Cheers,

-C
    01-25-10 04:28 PM
    I'm confused by your post. Bell appears to be a GSM carrier. Telus is CDMA. The 8830 World Phone is a GSM phone in Europe, but CDMA in North America. What is the model number of the phone you are attempting to unlock?
    01-25-10 07:32 PM
    Which phone are you talking about? Not too many BlackBerrys on Bell can be unlocked. Let us know.
    01-25-10 08:37 PM
    Hello,

I need to find out how to unlock a Bell Blackberry World phone. I want to switch it to a Telus account. Any help would be great, please message me.

Cheers,

-C
    The 8830/9530/9550/9630 from Bell will not work on Telus once unlocked. If you have the 9700 then you can unlock it and use it with Telus.
    01-26-10 03:09 AM
    From your profile:

CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8130 (Pearl)
    Carrier: Telus

I'm guessing you want to unlock the 8130? Unfortunately, you will not be able to use that phone on the Bell network. This phone runs off of an ESN number and has no SIM card capabilities. If you're looking to unlock the World 8830, the GSM portion of the phone will only work in Europe and Asia.
    01-26-10 07:32 AM
    If memory serves me correctly, the only 'World Phone' on Bell is the 8830, which isn't worth unlocking if you're trying to use it with Telus (for the reasons listed above)

However, who are we to turn you away lol. If you need your phone unlocked..then god damnit UNLOCKED IT SHALL BE!!
    01-26-10 08:22 PM
    I may as well post this here. I've read the FAQ. My sister gave me her old 8830 WE with a broken mini USB connector. The account was through her job, but they let her keep the phones. I'm going to buy one of those power station dock chargers to get around this issue. However, I'm a PagePlus prepaid customer (which uses Verizon's CDMA network), not a Verizon customer. What would be the best way to try to get this thing unlocked? Obviously they are not going to do it for me because I'm not even a customer. But I don't even think she could get it done if she called because it's her job's account.

My parents have Verizon, though. They meet the 4th criteria in the FAQ of being in good standing for 60 days. Could my dad call up and get an unlock code for it even though it wasn't activated on his account? He can just say it was given to him or something like that. Ideas on this?

BTW, the reason I want to unlock it is because I travel outside the country. I realize it has nothing to do with using it here in the states. It will work with PagePlus either way.
    01-27-10 01:29 PM
    I may as well post this here. I've read the FAQ. My sister gave me her old 8830 WE with a broken mini USB connector. The account was through her job, but they let her keep the phones. I'm going to buy one of those power station dock chargers to get around this issue. However, I'm a PagePlus prepaid customer (which uses Verizon's CDMA network), not a Verizon customer. What would be the best way to try to get this thing unlocked? Obviously they are not going to do it for me because I'm not even a customer. But I don't even think she could get it done if she called because it's her job's account.

My parents have Verizon, though. They meet the 4th criteria in the FAQ of being in good standing for 60 days. Could my dad call up and get an unlock code for it even though it wasn't activated on his account? He can just say it was given to him or something like that. Ideas on this?

BTW, the reason I want to unlock it is because I travel outside the country. I realize it has nothing to do with using it here in the states. It will work with PagePlus either way.
    Probably the first step would be to call PagePlus and ask them if they would allow to register that ESN on their Network. If so then you would need to have the phone flashed.

If you unlock the GSM part of the phone, you will be able to use overseas on GSM with a SIM card.
    01-27-10 01:33 PM
    Probably the first step would be to call PagePlus and ask them if they would allow to register that ESN on their Network. If so then you would need to have the phone flashed.

If you unlock the GSM part of the phone, you will be able to use overseas on GSM with a SIM card.
    You can use any Verizon phone with a clear ESN on PagePlus's network, so that's not what I'm concerned about. I only gave that info to lay some background on why I couldn't call Verizon myself. If you read it through again, you'll see my question relates to how I can unlock the GSM part of the phone. Thanks.
    01-27-10 04:24 PM
    You can use any Verizon phone with a clear ESN on PagePlus's network, so that's not what I'm concerned about. I only gave that info to lay some background on why I couldn't call Verizon myself. If you read it through again, you'll see my question relates to how I can unlock the GSM part of the phone. Thanks.
    We read that too fast . It's always worth a try calling them up and asking them for the code.
    01-27-10 04:46 PM
    I need to unlock my Bell Blackberry 8830 WE for use in Europe. PM me if you can do this.
    01-27-10 06:06 PM
    Here's something you might be interested in: Page Plus BlackBerry
    02-03-10 01:35 PM
    Thank you for sharing the information
    02-06-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD