I have a Bell blackberry 8830 which I tried to unlock with cellunlock.net, but when I went into the MEP2 setting, it says I have 0 attempts left. I've never tried to unlock it before, and I got it straight from Bell, so I'm thinking this is something bell does with their phones (yet another reason to hate them). I was told that the only way to unlock it now is physically.

Does anyone know of a place in Toronto that can unlock my blackberry 8830 physically? Thanks.
    01-27-10 09:59 PM
    I have a Bell blackberry 8830 which I tried to unlock with cellunlock.net, but when I went into the MEP2 setting, it says I have 0 attempts left. I've never tried to unlock it before, and I got it straight from Bell, so I'm thinking this is something bell does with their phones (yet another reason to hate them). I was told that the only way to unlock it now is physically.

Does anyone know of a place in Toronto that can unlock my blackberry 8830 physically? Thanks.
    Did you have a SIM Card in the phone?
    01-27-10 10:41 PM
    It will have to be unlocked via cable locally. Could also be they sent you a refurb.
    01-27-10 11:02 PM

Can you try putting another SIM card (Rogers/Fido) in the phone to see what message the phone displays. The phone will not work with those SIM cards because it's not compatible with North American GSM Networks but we would like to know which message the phone displays.
    01-28-10 10:30 AM
    Did you have a SIM Card in the phone?
    yes. I had my old bell sim card in there.

It will have to be unlocked via cable locally. Could also be they sent you a refurb.
    that may be a possibility. I bought it new, but had an issue with it after the first month. I had to have a new one sent to me. I'd be pretty disappointed if this is the reason I don't have any attempts allowed. I thought perhaps all bell 8830's came hard locked.
    01-28-10 03:38 PM
    if they sent a replacement out its likely it was a refurb. i dont believe they come hard locked i see them rolling around unlocked for sale time and time again.
    01-28-10 03:40 PM
    Let us know if you tried what we discussed through email.
    01-28-10 04:53 PM
    Sounds like you got a refurb so you have 2 options..send it back as defective and get another refurb with hopefully more attempts lol, or get it cable unlocked. We're based out of Toronto but don't actually do cable unlocks. Shoot us an email and we may be able to recommend someone based on your location
    01-29-10 10:18 AM
    I think we resolved the issue through email. Let us know if you have any further questions.
    01-29-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD