simple really,

I have a new 9700 from bell, thinking i might need to toss another carriers sim in if i travel, and would like to know how one goes about unlocking the device to be able to do so.

Thanks for your help.

ps-i read on another thread that bell's 9700 CAN be unlocked and brought to a GSM carrier like rogers but that I cannot bring a rogers phone say and use it with my bell sim. This i understand. specifically, if i travel to an area that has GSM but is roming for bell, i'd like to buy a cheap sim from another carrier and use my phone

anyhow, thanks in advance..
    01-29-10 06:59 PM
    Yes there are a number of sites/individuals here that can unlock your phone for a fee.....

You will need both the MEP2 and MEP4 codes to succesfully unlock the 9700 from BELL.....
    01-29-10 09:53 PM
    simple really,

I have a new 9700 from bell, thinking i might need to toss another carriers sim in if i travel, and would like to know how one goes about unlocking the device to be able to do so.

Thanks for your help.

ps-i read on another thread that bell's 9700 CAN be unlocked and brought to a GSM carrier like rogers but that I cannot bring a rogers phone say and use it with my bell sim. This i understand. specifically, if i travel to an area that has GSM but is roming for bell, i'd like to buy a cheap sim from another carrier and use my phone

We would be glad to help you out. Let us know if you would to use our services. The unlocking procedure is quite easy. You will be able to just pop in a sim card and have service immediately.
    01-30-10 02:25 AM
    In unlocking a Bell 9700, the steps are simple. Choose a 3rd party unlocker such as ourselves or any other reputable unlocker, and process your order on our site. Usually within minutes (depending on who you use) you'll get a code back with simple instructions telling you how to input it

Thats it! Phones unlocked and good to throw in another carrier's sim card!

Let us know if you have any other questions
    01-30-10 12:29 PM
    simple really,

Thanks for your help.

Yes that's correct, you can unlock your Blackberry 9700 from Bell and use it with most of the other GSM carriers worldwide.

In order to unlock your phone, you would have to buy an unlock code from any of us unlockers here. Once that's done, we will email you the unlock code within a couple of minutes and then you can proceed to unlocking your phone using the step by step instructions.

The whole process should not take more then 5 minutes.

Let us know if you need help unlocking your phone, we can also call you and to it on the phone if you don't feel comfortable doing it.

We'll also gladly offer you a great price to unlock your Blackberry.
    01-30-10 01:07 PM
    Wow .. thank you everyone! She's now free from the evil clutches of bell

Thank you Carrier Unlock .. Wonderfully fast service and first try success!

Next question, when I go into rogers or AT&T to get a sim card to use my 9700 with them, are their any issues I may face or things I need to know?

I suppose if i'm traveling i would require phone service, BBM and SMS .. but not so much email or browsing .. I guess my question is what are my options for buying a sim from rogers (ie pay per use sims, blackberry data pay per use sims, or must i sign up for a contract!?)
    Last edited by slushee; 01-30-10 at 03:44 PM.
    01-30-10 03:26 PM
    Great! Glad to hear that!

Yes now you can simply get a SIM card from Rogers/AT&T on prepaid or regular monthly plan and you will be able to your 9700 with it.

If you travel and you need BBM then you will have to make sure that the provider you choose offers Blackberry Data Plan on prepaid.

If you plan on using it regularly with Rogers, then it would be cheaper to simply sign up for a plan with them. You don't need to sign a contract because you don't need any phone, you already have your 9700
    01-30-10 04:36 PM
    Glad to hear you got unlocked! BTW, a 9700 from Att, Rogers, Bell, Telus will work unlocked on those networks (and most anywhere else in the world), they are the same phone. The issue is T-mobile and Wind 9700's use different 3G bands and would only be EDGE on the other networks. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 04:42 PM
    so if i want a bell bold 9700 unlocked i will get both codes?
    02-02-10 03:04 PM
    Yes you will.

02-02-10 03:06 PM
    Yes, you will get the nck and sp codes
    02-02-10 03:12 PM
    so if i want a bell bold 9700 unlocked i will get both codes?
    Yes that's correct, we will give you both codes, MEP and SP code.

02-02-10 05:55 PM
    hey there i placed an order with cellunlock.net order 37396 wondering if it will take awhile or within an hour or so. Thanks
    02-02-10 06:44 PM
    hey there i placed an order with cellunlock.net order 37396 wondering if it will take awhile or within an hour or so. Thanks
    Thank you, your unlock code is on the way. Let us know how it goes
    02-02-10 07:07 PM
    perfect, thanks very much....
    02-02-10 08:42 PM
    So, I also have a bold 9700 with Bell.

I am going to travel to Mexico and buy a sym card there to put in the phone.

Will I still be able to access Wifi and email?

Once I take out the Sym card is there any way they can still connect me to my bell account, roaming charges, email etc, or is the connection to me just through the sym. Sorry I'm not a techie, don't totally understand how this works.

Soo worried about checking emails and getting this huge bill when I get back.

If I don't take out the sym card, how can I switch on the phone without being charged for receiving emails. Is it possible to get email through wifi without incurring charges. Don't have a data plan, just emails and phone/text
    02-11-10 09:02 PM
    So, I also have a bold 9700 with Bell.

I am going to travel to Mexico and buy a sym card there to put in the phone.

Will I still be able to access Wifi and email?

Once I take out the Sym card is there any way they can still connect me to my bell account, roaming charges, email etc, or is the connection to me just through the sym. Sorry I'm not a techie, don't totally understand how this works.

Soo worried about checking emails and getting this huge bill when I get back.

If I don't take out the sym card, how can I switch on the phone without being charged for receiving emails. Is it possible to get email through wifi without incurring charges. Don't have a data plan, just emails and phone/text
    Yes you will be able to check your email if the SIM card you get from Mexico has Backberry Data.

Once you remove the Bell SIM card, you have nothing to worry as your phone will not connect to Bell but the new provider of the SIM card you enter.

If you want to leave the Bell SIM card in the phone, you can go to Options/Mobile Network and switch Data Services OFF while roaming.
    02-11-10 09:04 PM
    For those of you who are still looking to unlock your bell BB, we're having a special on them for a while. Enjoy
    02-12-10 02:35 PM
    Thank you for sharing
    02-12-10 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD