I'm traveling to London for two months this summer. I'll be interning during this time, so I'm going to need a phone w/ calls, text, data. I currently use an iphone but I also have a blackberry that i do not use. Can I use my jailbroken blackberry and simply buy a sim card with a carrier in london? I'm not sure if this is possible. Need some help. Thanks!
    05-11-11 01:38 AM
    there is no such thing as a "jailbroken" blackberry. thats iphone lingo, please NEVER associate jailbreaking and a blackberry.

yes its possible, find an unlocking site and pay for an unlock code. follow the instructions they then give you to unlock the phone.
    05-11-11 02:19 AM
    It has to be a GSM blackberry and when you get to london you can buy a payg simcard specifically for blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 03:09 AM
    I'm traveling to London for two months this summer. I'll be interning during this time, so I'm going to need a phone w/ calls, text, data. I currently use an iphone but I also have a blackberry that i do not use. Can I use my jailbroken blackberry and simply buy a sim card with a carrier in london? I'm not sure if this is possible. Need some help. Thanks!
    Hello,
    There are a few options available for you.

you can use a SIM card with your blackberry to get it in use with some carrier, in London you can buy a prepaid SIM card of any GSM network that used there.

If your Blackberry is supporting GSM Sim cards use (it needs to have a SIM slot) you will also need to make sure it's unlocked (you can unlock your blackberry by yourself online).

unlocked blackberry device can be used with other GSM carriers, the best option is to get a prepaid sim card in London.

Also you can use your carrier with "overseas sim card" but mostly it's not cheap.

another option is to use a "traveling Sim card" that will work in many areas, sometimes it can be a good choice if you find a plan that suite all your needs.
    05-11-11 04:50 AM
    I ehard Orange is the best way to go for a prepaid with unlimited bis for cheap/.
    05-11-11 10:17 AM
    I ehard Orange is the best way to go for a prepaid with unlimited bis for cheap/.
    Orange and Tmobile are your best bet.
    05-11-11 11:12 AM
    Lets take this discussion to the Unlockers Forum

there is no such thing as a "jailbroken" blackberry. thats iphone lingo, please NEVER associate jailbreaking and a blackberry.

yes its possible, find an unlocking site and pay for an unlock code. follow the instructions they then give you to unlock the phone.
    And they also are 2 totally different things. Unlocking takes the SIM lock off of the device and lets you use it on any GSM carrier, and can be done on most GSM phones. Jailbraking an iphone means hacking it so that you can load apps and files/media on to it WITHOUT using the App Store and itunes.

As such I edited the title to more correctly reflect what you are looking for
    05-11-11 12:00 PM
    And unlocking is not illegal in many parts of the world.
    05-11-11 01:52 PM
    And unlocking is not illegal in many parts of the world.
    neither unlocking or jailbreaking is illegal.
    05-11-11 06:56 PM
    Yes that's 100% correct.
    05-12-11 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD