I have an Alltel tour and want to unlock it. How do I get it unlocked ? Will I experience any problems with my tour after unlocking and will I still be able to use my service provider ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 03:01 PM
    You should be able to get a free unlock code from Alltel by contacting them, providing you have been a customer for several months and your account is in good standing. If not, check the Unlocking Forum. There are several reputable unlockers who can provide a code for a small fee.

Unlocking your device will not have any affect on its functionality on Alltel's network.
    02-07-11 03:11 PM
    You should be able to get a free unlock code from Alltel by contacting them, providing you have been a customer for several months and your account is in good standing. If not, check the Unlocking Forum. There are several reputable unlockers who can provide a code for a small fee.

Unlocking your device will not have any affect on its functionality on Alltel's network.
    I called Alltel customer service and they told me that they don't unlock phones. They all but assured me that a cdma phone unlocked wouldn't work on their system.

02-07-11 03:17 PM
    I have an Alltel tour and want to unlock it. How do I get it unlocked ? Will I experience any problems with my tour after unlocking and will I still be able to use my service provider ?

You will not experience any problem after you unlock the phone. You will still be able to use this on Alltel but also be able to use it on other carrier like At&t and Tmobile on 2G (EDGE)
    02-07-11 03:22 PM
    I called Alltel customer service and they told me that they don't unlock phones. They all but assured me that a cdma phone unlocked wouldn't work on their system.

Unlocking has no effect on the CDMA side. The only use of unlocking is to allow one to use his/her device on any GSM carrier's network. If your 9630 is unlocked, you could use any GSM carrier's SIM card.

You could use an Alltel device without even using a SIM card. CDMA does not require SIM cards.

The purpose of the SIM card in your device is to roam internationally on Alltel's GSM roaming partners. If you got the device unlocked, you could purchase a prepaid SIM card from a carrier in a country you visit and it would be cheaper than the international roaming charges from Alltel.
    02-07-11 03:22 PM
    I used the following instructions to unlock Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630 to work on Rogers GSM Network:

First step was to unlock phone to remove it from the Verizon CDMA network. Bought a code from CellUnlock.net and followed the instructions on their site plus those on ITbusiness.ca.
    1) Ensure there's a SIM card in your device. The card can be the one you wish to employ or any other SIM.
    2) Turn off all wireless connections via your BlackBerry Manage Connections icon.
    3) Open your BlackBerry Options menu and click Advanced Options. Scroll down to and click SIM Card
    4) On the SIM Card screen, type the letters M, E, P, D. You'll see your display flash briefly, and a new screen with information like ID, Personalization, SIM, Network, etc., appears.
    5) Next, type M, E, P, 2, and a dialogue box requesting a network code appears. Enter in your unlock code, click your trackball to confirm it, and voila, your Tour's unlocked.
    6) Remove your device battery, insert the appropriate SIM card and then restart your handheld. Next, open up your Manage Connections options again. Select Mobile Network Options and then change the Network Technology from 1XEV to GSM/UMTS. (Remember, if you want to go back to CDMA, you need to switch back the network technology option.).
    02-07-11 11:26 PM

Hi,
    You can unlock your Blackberry mobile using MEP codes from the site Unlocking4u.com.They are cheap and reliable.I unlocked my mobile using this site.They gave me full support.So I recommend you to view this site.Here you can get the MEP codes as well instructions by giving your IMEI number.So It's very Easy and simple....
    09-24-12 01:25 PM
    BerryReview has cheap unlock codes as well. My Tour was unlocked when I purchased it new. It is a world phone.
    09-24-12 09:55 PM
    You can unlock the phone using an unlock code, supplied by ourselves or a number of other suppliers on here.

Once a phone is unlocked, you are only removing the Network lock that is active on it. This doesn't impact any other aspect of the phone. I.E. you will still be able to use the original network and update the phones software as you would normally.

I hope that helps.
    09-26-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD