okay so i have a 9530 thats locked to verizon. i have an unlock code but it wont let me enter the MEP2 or the MEPP2 code. my screen says this:
    SIM card: No Valid SIM card
    All settings are Unknown.

i have tried to enter the code after hard reset, soft reset, Tmobile sim card in, Verizon Sim card in, sim card out....I have no idea what to do. I am running on .148 platform...now when i tried the steps on my other storm which is running on .78, i was able to enter MEP2 and get to the screen to enter in unlock code...What is going on? Please dont tell me i have to down grade my system to enter unlock code in....and if I do, once i restore .148 OS to it, will it still be unlocked. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME

*update* no i neve entered the unlock code on the .78 because i didnt have it, i just wanted to see if the prompt would come up, which it did. I was finally able to enter unlock code on .148 after it randomly decided after 4 days to prompt me to enter code and it worked for about 5 minutes. I had to reset the phone via soft set app and now its sos all over again and it says unknown for sim card settings and it AGAIN wont prompt me to enter unlock code....WTF
    Last edited by somnia_x0x; 07-15-09 at 11:56 AM. Reason: UPDATE
    07-11-09 02:18 PM
    Once you unlock your phone, it will always be unlocked, so that's something you don't have to worry about. Now on your second phone, did you input the unlock code and such, or did you just check to make sure that you could get to the screen so that you could do it? That's the only idea I have since I haven't unlocked my phone and I haven't read too many threads about it. Hopefully some geniuses can help shine some light on the situation.
    07-11-09 05:50 PM
    It sounds to me it's already unlocked. Are you saying you've entered the code once before?
    07-11-09 05:53 PM
    i already entered the code and i slipped my tmobile sim card in and it worked for about 5 seconds, made a test phone call and everything. I ended up resetting the phone and ever since then it says sim card: invalid sim. I put the sim card into another phone and it works just fine. I tried to reenter the unlock code and now i cant enter 'MEP2' on this one either! so now both phones read sim card: invalid sim and i can only enter MEPD to pull up the screen where all info on sim is unknown. Ive tried multiple sim cards, ive tried the original verizn sim cards, ive tried no sim cards....and i still cant enter in MEP2...when i do there is no screen that comes uip prompting me to enter unlock code....

Also weird, when i go to the connections screen to choose network, it has tmobile network available. i chose this and ive tried switching the options between 2g, 3g, 2g and 3g, roaming, home, manual network selection, automatic network selection...EVERYTHING. And im still getting red sos signal and i still am not getting prompt to enter code after entering in MEP2
    07-15-09 11:53 AM
    If you're getting red SOS/options to choose 2g/3g it sounds like to me the phone is unlocked. The problem may be with the SIM (which you say does work on another phone, right?) or the sim reader itself on the phone.

It's not uncommon for a SIM reader to go bad. As an admin I've seen it happen before.
    07-15-09 11:55 AM
    Ive tried several different sims in it. i took it out and put it in my bb 8220 and it worked fine. i tried putting in the cheap verizon sims that they each came with as well as some straight out the box unused tmobile sims....still red sos. i think its weird that it would happen in two totally different bb storms that the sim readers could go out at the same time...and how would that effect my not being able to enter in MEP2 to get the promt to enter in the unlock code?

and it says red SOS no matter wat (2g/3g/cmda)

if it is the sim sensor is there any way to replace it?
    07-15-09 11:59 AM
    Did you apply the torx fix to your Storm? If so that is the problem, tighten up the screws and you will be fine. Use the civic dot fix or business card trick in the furture.
    07-15-09 12:02 PM
    my next thought was to see is there a way to unlock it via computer and usb? ive tried searching internet and forums but theres like 3 billion topics and websited on unlocking and they all give the codes...which i clearly cant use...any thoughts???
    07-15-09 12:03 PM
    Did you apply the torx fix to your Storm? If so that is the problem, tighten up the screws and you will be fine. Use the civic dot fix or business card trick in the furture.
    i dont know what the torx fix is but yes...all screws are screwed in tight. i had them too tight almost to where the screen was hard to click...but that didnt work....and i tried putting some paper back there too....also didnt work. just made screen hard to push/respond
    07-15-09 12:05 PM
    I have the same problem where i cannot enter MEP2 and have the 'enter code prompt' come up. I am desperate and highly frustrated. Please help me if possible. Thanks in advance.
    07-15-09 09:52 PM
    Chaos, have you turned off the network connections before you tried to enter the codes?
    07-15-09 10:01 PM
    Yes, I have followed the directions step by step, but get caught up on the MEP2 step where the prompt screen will not show up. Any suggestions? Thank you for your patience and timely responses.
    07-15-09 10:08 PM
    I would try to close everything down and pull the battery, then reboot and try again. There is no reason it should not work, as long as your following the steps exactly, otherwise try calling the people you got the code from. They should be happy to help you out.
    07-15-09 10:21 PM
    yes...i did all that. so i decided to wipe the os and try to reinstall and now i cant do that either! i got the os off but when i try to install the .151 os on it, it shuts off and goes to constant red LED and then restarts when it gets to the finding root os screen...ugh this phone is turning out to be a headache
    07-15-09 11:53 PM
    yes...i did all that. so i decided to wipe the os and try to reinstall and now i cant do that either! i got the os off but when i try to install the .151 os on it, it shuts off and goes to constant red LED and then restarts when it gets to the finding root os screen...ugh this phone is turning out to be a headache
    Did u used JL Commander to wipe?

After MEPD you need to type MEP alt2 not just MEP2
    Last edited by stanp8; 07-16-09 at 04:15 AM.
    07-16-09 03:17 AM
    Hummm your having some problems I see. Removing the OS, isn't that kind of like pulling the engine from the car becase the oil needs to be changed?
    Read this forum thread, --> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/in...source-213706/ then follow them step, by step, omit nothing. If you follow the instructions correctly, it will work, if you skip, or miss something, you may not have sucess. The instructions are quite clear, just take your time, it will work. If you have any questions, I will try to help the best I can.
    Last edited by Falling; 07-16-09 at 08:40 AM. Reason: forgot the link stupid link
    07-16-09 08:29 AM
    Did u used JL Commander to wipe?
    yes i did this

After MEPD you need to type MEP alt2 not just MEP2

yes. the only way you can get to the 2 in landscape is to press alt2...didnt work. i also tried the alternative MEPP2. also failed
    07-16-09 10:03 AM
    Falling, you are simply amazing. I am in the process of doing all this. Hopefully you have found my solution. If so, I need to give you a hug. Thanks as always for your continual support.
    07-16-09 02:21 PM
    Falling, I follow the steps precisely, but this unfortunately did not solve my problem of the MEP2 step 'not showing the unlock code prompt'. My faith is dwindling. Someone please help me to restore it.
    07-16-09 03:43 PM
    anybody figure this out? i wiped my bb and i still am not getting unlock prompt after enterin in MEP2
    07-17-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD