Hi there,

First time poster, long time visitor. I recently have had my BB Torch 9800 stolen and am locked in on a 3 year contract with Virgin Mobile Canada. I have temporarly suspended the account but I am hoping to replace the phone with a Blackberry. I am looking to purchase the new Blackberry Curve 9380 to fight being phone-less for the holidays, but have only found it available on the Bell Wireless network. I am not very tech savvy at all so I apologize in advance if these are really simple to answer but I had two questions prior to taking the plunge.

1) Is it possible to unlock the Bell Blackberry Curve 9380 to use it on the Virgin Mobile Canada network with my existing plan?

2) I have heard some people have issues with Blackberry messaging and Email services after unlocking. Will I lose the capability to use BBM and have emails forwarded to my phone or is there software that needs to be installed in order to get the functionality? (My plan does include those data services currently)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    12-15-11 02:14 AM
    Hi kvan66,

Yes, it is 100% possible to unlock the Bell 9380 and use it with Virgin as well as any other GSM network worldwide.

The Bell 9380 when unlocked will work with Rogers, Fido, Telus, Virgin Mobile, Solo Mobile, Chatr, and 7-11 speakout in Canada.

We can confirm that you won't have any problems using it with Virgin Mobile at all, all features will work 100%, phone, sms, voicemail, email, bbm, pin, browser, etc

Just so you know Virgin Mobile Canada is owned by Bell and from our experience, many Virgin Mobile phones work with Bell and Vice versa without unlocking.
    (insider info )

So when you get it you can first try just popping in the simcard and if it works great!

If not, then you will need an unlock code, We can help you with that.

Let me know if you have any questions at all,

Best Regards,

James

Hi there,

First time poster, long time visitor. I recently have had my BB Torch 9800 stolen and am locked in on a 3 year contract with Virgin Mobile Canada. I have temporarly suspended the account but I am hoping to replace the phone with a Blackberry. I am looking to purchase the new Blackberry Curve 9380 to fight being phone-less for the holidays, but have only found it available on the Bell Wireless network. I am not very tech savvy at all so I apologize in advance if these are really simple to answer but I had two questions prior to taking the plunge.

1) Is it possible to unlock the Bell Blackberry Curve 9380 to use it on the Virgin Mobile Canada network with my existing plan?

2) I have heard some people have issues with Blackberry messaging and Email services after unlocking. Will I lose the capability to use BBM and have emails forwarded to my phone or is there software that needs to be installed in order to get the functionality? (My plan does include those data services currently)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    kvan66 likes this.
    12-15-11 03:50 AM
    The issues are when people do not re-install the service books or, when the device it self is not built to fit the frequency band on the carrier they are using so it have nothing to do with the unlocking of your Blackberry itself.

Unlocked Blackberry mobile phone has no SIM card security that blocks it from being used with sim cards from other carriers.. but when you use unlocked Blackberry with other sim cards it will work for calls / SMS without any issue and for the data services sometimes you need to re-install the service books.
    Most of the carriers will send you the update to your unlocked Blackberry after you request it (if you have a Blackberry data plan).

Unlocking your device is something very simple, you only need to use the key-code (unlock code) to get it unlocked and then your Blackberry can be used with different sim cards. i don't see any reason why not to unlock your blackberry and get the device open for use with other carriers.. it's always benefit to control your products.
    12-15-11 06:27 AM
    You will be free to use your blackberry with any service the device can support once you have it unlocked. And contact us for any unlocking you want done. We will assure that you wont have any problems such as you mentioned.
    12-15-11 12:20 PM
    **** Thank you all for your help, I had to jump through a few hoops to try and get this no term phone. I had to sign up for month to month via Bell. SO i have the phone now and am going to cancel the bell service. As well i tried the virgin mobile sim card and ive already received texts from my old number and calls have gone through but i have yet to set up the device for bbm and email, should i be alright or will i need to update service books? I did receive an Email to my phone once switching over to Virgin sim card stating i need to register my device with blackberry? I have not tried sending or receiving a bbm yet. And if i still do need a code how long does it take to get a unlock code if i do require one? And will switching from one service to another in the same day?

Sorry for the huge amount of info into this message, Hopefully i will have this phone running for the holidays! Again thank you so much BlackberryCodeSource, blackberry-unlocking710, and unlockcellpro for your help with this!
    12-15-11 04:47 PM
    You're service books will update once you login using your service books and it will ask you to enter your blackberry id. From there you will be asked if you want to move your email accounts and such. All varies on code delivery based on the unlocker, some of here offer instant delivery.
    12-15-11 04:54 PM
    Hey kvan66,

No problem at all!

See! it works without being unlocked

You won't need an unlock code, just register your blackberry like the email said and all will work!

If you did need an unlock code we send them instantly, But lucky for you you don't!

Cheers,

James

**** Thank you all for your help, I had to jump through a few hoops to try and get this no term phone. I had to sign up for month to month via Bell. SO i have the phone now and am going to cancel the bell service. As well i tried the virgin mobile sim card and ive already received texts from my old number and calls have gone through but i have yet to set up the device for bbm and email, should i be alright or will i need to update service books? I did receive an Email to my phone once switching over to Virgin sim card stating i need to register my device with blackberry? I have not tried sending or receiving a bbm yet. And if i still do need a code how long does it take to get a unlock code if i do require one? And will switching from one service to another in the same day?

Sorry for the huge amount of info into this message, Hopefully i will have this phone running for the holidays! Again thank you so much BlackberryCodeSource, blackberry-unlocking710, and unlockcellpro for your help with this!
    12-15-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD