Hi all!!! new to this site and very good one too!!

Ok abit puzzled, i have the BB 8900 on an ORANGE network UK

and i got 2 codes to type in after i submitted my IMEI number, was told try first one then second... but neither of them worked!!

Any ideas maybe why allthough the IMEI was submitted to a reputable unlocking from BB....

Regards

J
    07-08-09 07:39 AM
    what were the directions they gave you in order to unlock the phone? maybe you didnt follow those properly.
    07-08-09 07:54 AM
    Hi the directions given to me are below.. which ive done that but to no avail...

BlackBerry Curve, 8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, 8820, Bold 9000

1. Insert a non accepted SIM card into the phone and switch it on
    2. Turn off the wireless connections by going to the main Menu -> go to 'Manage Connections' -> select 'Turn all connections off'
    3. Go back to the main Menu
    4. Go to Options
    5. Go to Advanced Options
    6. Go to SIM Card
    7. Type: mepd (you will not see text appear on screen while typing)
    8. Type: mep then press the ALT button and number 2 key (so that you get: mep2) (you will not see the text appear on screen while typing)
    9. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then type in the unlock code, and press in the trackball to confirm
    10. Phone will say "Code accepted"
    11. Switch the phone off and back on again
    12. Turn the wireless connections back on by going to the main Menu -> go to 'Manage Connections' -> select 'Restore connections'
    13. You will see at the top of your screen the message "Searching..."
    14. After 5-10 seconds your network signal will appear
    15. Press the back button until you get to the main screen
    16. Your phone is now unlocked and ready to make and receive calls

Cheers

J
    07-08-09 08:17 AM
    Any ideas anyone??

thanks

J
    07-08-09 11:50 AM
    Did you double check the imei and pin you provided to the unlocking service were correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 11:58 AM
    all was requested was the IMEI and the network it was locked to..... but no pin!!!

J
    07-08-09 12:06 PM
    Same problem - also with orange, altho the instructions I was given weren't so complicated (advanced options -->sim --> MEPD --> MEP2 --> MEP code) I was given 4 codes and none of them work - any idea why not or suggestions!? IMEI I gave was definitely correct
    07-09-09 04:20 AM
    Same problem - also with orange, altho the instructions I was given weren't so complicated (advanced options -->sim --> MEPD --> MEP2 --> MEP code) I was given 4 codes and none of them work - any idea why not or suggestions!? IMEI I gave was definitely correct
    07-09-09 04:35 AM
    some one in america told me that orange are doing these phones as pay as you go which i doubt it very much but people are bying them on this tariff and unlocking them and selling them for more, so apparently orange have made it harder to get the phones unlocked or something, i have 6 tries left and dont fancy screwing thses up trying codes that dont seem to work, when i kill 6 more times trying the unlock codes im kippered thats when im stuck with orange i need it on T-mobile to be honest..... so what can one do!!

J
    07-09-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD