If I get the unlock code for the BB 8900 that is on t-mobile can I change it to AT&T?
    08-12-09 03:15 PM
    Yes you can
    08-12-09 03:19 PM
    So I can put the at&t software into it. Also will the 3G work?

Also all the person needs to do is call t-mobile for the unlock code right?
    08-12-09 03:20 PM
    you don't have to change the device software and the 8900 isn't 3G...
    08-12-09 03:47 PM
    So I can put the at&t software into it. Also will the 3G work?

Also all the person needs to do is call t-mobile for the unlock code right?
    It doesn't matter what software you will use. It will always say T-Mobile at the bootup screen. You can use any software for the 8900 as long as you delete the vendor file.

And like someone said the 8900 is not 3G and there is no way to make it 3G

Yes that's all they need to do, as long as it's their account and they are in good standings with TMO
    08-12-09 03:51 PM
    It doesn't matter what software you will use. It will always say T-Mobile at the bootup screen. You can use any software for the 8900 as long as you delete the vendor file.

And like someone said the 8900 is not 3G and there is no way to make it 3G

Yes that's all they need to do, as long as it's their account and they are in good standings with TMO
    Technically you could de-brand the phone and get rid of the tmobile screen and all of the tmobile customizations if you wanted to.
    08-12-09 04:37 PM
    The phone is not 3g capable, I am not sure where your read that. its only enhanced edge, meaning faster than a 8300 but slower than a bold

you can debrand your phone, but you may brick it, look at the blackberry forums, tips n tricks section.
    08-13-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD