So, I have posted here before and it was EXTREMELY helpful... hopefully you guys can do it again...

I got a Rogers BB 8800 from Ebay and its 100% functional, except:
    1)It was suppose to be unlocked, but it wasent (I have T - Mobile and kept picking up Cingular as my wireless provider)
    2)The code wont go in...

What do I mean the code wont go in... I follow the steps he gave me to unlock the device, and after typing in the MEPD code, the MEP2 one doesnt pop up with an option to enter in the network password. Am I pressing something wrong on the device? is there a trick here...

Please let me know... I know the BB 8800 from Rogers and Fido are a pain..

Thanks
    02-05-08 10:32 PM
    Go to Options >Advanced Options >Sim Card.

Type the following: (you will see nothing as you type.)

MEPD

You should see a new screen with new info.

Now type MEP2 (you won't see anything as you type. Be sure you use the alt key for the 2.)

You should get the window to enter the code.

Edit: After you type in MEPD what does it say next to "Network?" If it says "Inactive" or "Disabled" it's already unlocked. You say it only picks up Cingular when you are with TMobile? If your sim card is working in the device and doesn't say "invalid sim card" then it's already unlocked.
    02-05-08 10:36 PM
    Then why does it only pick up Cingular and not my T Mobile SIM card? Because it does say disabled next to the Network area....

Soo im kind of confused here...
    02-05-08 10:52 PM
    The device is definitely unlocked. You inserted your TMobile sim card, correct? Where are you located? When TMobile doesn't have service in a location they will allow you to roam on other carriers like Cingular/ATT.

Did you try going to Options >Network (or Mobile Network) and trying scan for networks in Manual?

What version of the OS is installed on it?
    02-05-08 10:59 PM
    I get service down here since I still have my blackberry pearl.. and when I scan with my blackberry pearl it picks up BOTH tmobile and cingular...

I have OS - 4.2.1.90 installed at the moment....

And I have the SIM card inserted at the moment
    02-05-08 11:02 PM
    But if you scan with the 8800 it doesn't show you TMobile AND AT&T/Cingular?
    02-06-08 01:02 AM
    Nope.... when I scan with the 8800 it only shows me ATT/Cingular network... doesnt show me the T Mobile network... which is why I didnt think the phone was unlocked at the time....
    02-06-08 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD