Hello

I recently bought a blackberry torch 9800 on vodafone

I want to use it on o2

how do I unlock it?

I would be so grateful for any step by step help

Thanks
    03-30-11 09:20 AM
    You will need to either buy an unlock code or win one from a contest on these forums.

If you are going to buy it, I would recommend dealing with cellunlock or freethisberry. Both are very quick and reliable.

After you receive your unlock code(s)

Go to: Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card
    Type MEPD
    This should reveal more options network and/or service provider should be listed as "active"
    (Network Unlock) Type MEP2
    (Service Provider Unlock) Type MEP4
    Once you enter the code successfully, it chould confirm it as successful.
    *Note: Make sure you enter the code correctly as if enter wrong 10 times you have to find a DM3 service to unlock your device.

Some carriers lock their phones to the network or service provider or both depending on the carrier.
    03-30-11 09:31 AM
    +1 on freethisberry.com, have used them myself and their very fast and any problems their always around to answer questions.
    03-30-11 09:35 AM
    try this site = FreeMyBlackBerry.com

i have unlocked 4 blackberry's (2 Vodafone ones), for free, and they have step by step instructions... the only thing on their site that i find does not work too well, is their code generator to access the engineering screens, to get to your MEP code...

check out this site for a better code generator = Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best then head back to freemyblackberry, to continue the process... worked like a charm!
    03-30-11 09:49 AM
    Hey guys, I believe the Torch I bought recently is unlocked, as I use o2 and the phone powers up with the T-Mobile logo, but I can still make calls etc.

By following the instructions above, would this remove the T-Mobile logo on start up?
    03-31-11 04:48 PM
    You would have to unbrand the phone to do that, which is impossible.
    03-31-11 04:51 PM
    You would have to unbrand the phone to do that, which is impossible.
    would installing a different carrier's offical OS release 'de-brand' the phone?
    03-31-11 06:39 PM
    would installing a different carrier's offical OS release 'de-brand' the phone?
    No it won't. The logo on startup is hard coded into the devices. So pretty much not worth the trouble and could result in a very expensive paperweight if you mess up. Debranding is also illegal in some countries
    03-31-11 06:41 PM
    freethisberry.com worked great for me! Fast too!
    03-31-11 11:56 PM
    any ebay retailer can sell you the code for around $1-2. Everybody probably have access to the same database, so why pay more to support a vendor's fancy website and hosting cost? Most offer a quick turn around usually withing an hr or two, maybe faster.
    04-01-11 02:02 PM
    try this site = FreeMyBlackBerry.com

i have unlocked 4 blackberry's (2 Vodafone ones), for free, and they have step by step instructions... the only thing on their site that i find does not work too well, is their code generator to access the engineering screens, to get to your MEP code...

check out this site for a better code generator = Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best then head back to freemyblackberry, to continue the process... worked like a charm!

+1 for freemyblackberry.com!!!!!

Now I have both my 9800 and 9700 unlocked within 24 hours!
    04-01-11 02:44 PM
    Glad to hear it!! Enjoy!
    04-02-11 07:05 PM
    Hey guys, I believe the Torch I bought recently is unlocked, as I use o2 and the phone powers up with the T-Mobile logo, but I can still make calls etc.

By following the instructions above, would this remove the T-Mobile logo on start up?
    it is unlocked but the logo stays.. the unlocking instructions will not remove the logo.
    04-02-11 08:32 PM
    can you supply a link please?
    05-27-11 03:40 PM
    freethisberry.com worked great for me! Fast too!
    Thanks for the feedback!
    05-27-11 07:58 PM
    ebay is great but you have to make sure you check the feedback, before i started unlocking i got jipped a couple times. as for freethisblackberry, good job guys ppl love you around here!
    05-29-11 03:58 PM
    yes they do for sure..
    05-30-11 12:45 PM
    You can buy the Unlock code for your Blackberry using your IMEI and get the unlock code to your Email.

Then it's simple - just follow the instructions here to: unlock Blackberry 9800
    05-30-11 04:06 PM
    ebay is great but you have to make sure you check the feedback, before i started unlocking i got jipped a couple times. as for freethisblackberry, good job guys ppl love you around here!
    Appreciate it.
    05-30-11 10:11 PM
    it's always worth it to keep your eyes open..
    05-31-11 10:38 AM
    Hello

I recently bought a blackberry torch 9800 on vodafone

I want to use it on o2

how do I unlock it?

I would be so grateful for any step by step help

Thanks
    You can get an unlock code for your blackberry torch 9800 mobile phone from onlie. Here you have to specify the country name which is locked to vodafone and IMEI number of your mobile phone.Then you can get an unlock code from them at reasonable cost and unlock it.
    Last edited by naviwilliams; 05-28-13 at 07:21 AM. Reason: link removed
    05-27-13 11:57 PM
    ^

lol. That's great spamming. Bravo!
    05-29-13 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD