If I unlock my Rogers 9700, will I be able to switch over to Bell and still have all the features such as BBM and 3G?
    11-13-10 04:27 PM
    You shouldn't have a problem, you just need to call rogers to release the PIN also. Once it's unlocked, it's unlocked forever. Nothing can 're-lock' it.

If you live in toronto, there's wind, public mobile and mobilicity which all have great lower cost rate plans, no contracts either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 06:03 PM
    Keep in mind, though, that Wind Mobile uses different 3G frequency bands than Rogers. You will not get 3G on Wind if you use a Rogers branded device. The only other carrier that uses the same 3G frequency bands as Wind Mobile is T-Mobile USA.
    11-13-10 06:12 PM
    Release the pin? Can't I just buy it from one of the many phone unlocking websites? Or are you talking about the BBM pin?
    11-13-10 07:06 PM
    Every blackberry is hardcoded with a unique pin during the time of manufacture. That's the pin that allows your blackberry to be used with BIS.

11-13-10 07:08 PM
    Release the pin? Can't I just buy it from one of the many phone unlocking websites? Or are you talking about the BBM pin?
    Yes, if they do not release your PIN specific for your BB, you cannot register your device on the BIS for your new carrier. Ran into this a while ago with an ATT BB that I had some trouble with before I could use it on Rogers.

11-13-10 07:14 PM
    Ok so I'm still a little confused here... I need to get the pin from Rogers or I can buy it online?

11-13-10 07:31 PM
    You can buy the unlock code online for a $19-$59 price, or go to a store in your neighborhood and get it unlocked there and it will be cheaper, no chances of a screw up either.

11-13-10 07:38 PM
    Yes, if they do not release your PIN specific for your BB, you cannot register your device on the BIS for your new carrier. Ran into this a while ago with an ATT BB that I had some trouble with before I could use it on Rogers.

Umm... I don't think that is true. I unlocked my Rogers phone and then used it on Telus' network. By going to the Telus BIS web site, you create an account and I got BIS access.

I did not tell Rogers to 'release' my PIN. And I went back to Rogers since I only used Telus for a month and I did not tell Telus anything else other than I was cancelling my contract.

I never heard of having to release a PIN and maybe this was required on older BB's, but at least for my experience, it hasn't been necessary.
    11-13-10 08:24 PM
    I think heinz is a little confused more so.

If u unlock a Rogers 9700 it will work for both Bell or Telus 3G. (need BIS to enable BBM) The PIN is your unique identifier that allows other people to add u to their BBM.

If you don't release the PIN on the Rogers 9700, you may or may not be able to activate the 9700 on Bell's network. So, make sure you tell Rogers to release your PIN from their network so you can use it on another network.

As for the unlock code, you should be able to buy online.
    11-15-10 12:03 AM
    I think heinz is a little confused more so.

If u unlock a Rogers 9700 it will work for both Bell or Telus 3G. (need BIS to enable BBM) The PIN is your unique identifier that allows other people to add u to their BBM.

If you don't release the PIN on the Rogers 9700, you may or may not be able to activate the 9700 on Bell's network. So, make sure you tell Rogers to release your PIN from their network so you can use it on another network.

As for the unlock code, you should be able to buy online.
    Heinz, what he is saying is that you need to call Rogers and tell them to release your PIN since you are cancelling your BIS account with them and switching to a different carrier.
    11-15-10 12:09 AM
    Correct me if i'm wrong; can't you release the PIN yourself from the BIS website?
    11-15-10 03:09 AM
    I don't believe you can. Only someone from technical support can do this for you.
    11-15-10 09:33 AM
    If you want to unlock your Blackberry 9700 mobile phone from the network lock,I would suggest you to get an unlock code from Unlock-zone.com at reasonable price.After unlocking,you can free to use it with your service provider and also have those features.
    You can contact here
    12-05-13 01:43 AM
    We can help you unlock your Blackberry.
    12-06-13 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD