So I got my new Bold 9650 and love it. Called Verizon and they stepped me through the unlock process. Is there anyway to verify for sure it is unlocked?
    In OS 4.7 you could go to options, sim card, and then type in MEPD, that does not work with OS 5.0, any help please.
    Thanks
    06-19-10 07:21 PM
    If you have a friend with T-Mobile or AT&T ask to borrow their sim card for a minute and try to make a call.
    06-19-10 07:38 PM
    Hold down the shift key and type MEPD. Everything will show Disabled but Network which will show Inactive. If I'm not mistaken on a phone where the SIM has never been locked down they all show disabled...but on a phone where the SIM has been locked, then unlocked it will show network=Inactive...Inactive or Disabled means your phone is unlocked.
    06-19-10 08:56 PM
    Thank you so much, it worked by just holding down the shift key!
    06-19-10 09:09 PM
    Hold down the shift key and type MEPD. Everything will show Disabled but Network which will show Inactive. If I'm not mistaken on a phone where the SIM has never been locked down they all show disabled...but on a phone where the SIM has been locked, then unlocked it will show network=Inactive...Inactive or Disabled means your phone is unlocked.

That does nothing for me.
    06-20-10 02:08 PM
    That does nothing for me.
    It doesn't unlock the phone. To unlock your phone you need to do the following. But you have to get the code from either your carrier (which from you information is Verizon) or a source that will provide you the correct code based on your IMEI number. He was asking how to confirm his phone was unlocked after he entered the code.

1. Turn off the Wireless Radio
    2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    3. Now, hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
    4. Next hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
    5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
    6. After you enter in the code, press Enter.
    7. It should say “Device Unlocked” and you have an unlocked Blackberry.
    06-20-10 02:22 PM
    It doesn't unlock the phone. To unlock your phone you need to do the following. But you have to get the code from either your carrier (which from you information is Verizon) or a source that will provide you the correct code based on your IMEI number. He was asking how to confirm his phone was unlocked after he entered the code.

1. Turn off the Wireless Radio
    2. Next go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card
    3. Now, hold down the ALT key and press the keys that correspond to: m e p d
    4. Next hold down the ALT key again and press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
    5. You should see a menu where you can put in a 16 digit code and 10 tries to punch it in correctly.
    6. After you enter in the code, press Enter.
    7. It should say Device Unlocked and you have an unlocked Blackberry.

I understand that .

I was wondering how to check to make sure it is unlocked. I unlocked my last week but wasn't sure it took.
    06-20-10 02:33 PM
    I understand that .

I was wondering how to check to make sure it is unlocked. I unlocked my last week but wasn't sure it took.
    Okay...holding the down the shift key while typing MEPD (in advanced options, Sim Card) should show you the status on verizon, don't know what to say if it doesn't.

THEMIZ: Did you get a message that said "code accepted" when you entered it originally?
    Last edited by Nightthumper; 06-20-10 at 02:41 PM.
    06-20-10 02:37 PM
    Okay...holding the down the shift key while typing MEPD (in advanced options, Sim Card) should show you the status on verizon, don't know what to say if it doesn't.

THEMIZ: Did you get a message that said "code accepted" when you entered it originally?

I think I did but it disappeared very fast.

I was checking from the home screen and not Advance Op > Sim Card
    I figured you miss typed MEDP orginial and check it and its good

Thanks for the help
    06-20-10 02:44 PM
    I think I did but it disappeared very fast.

I was checking from the home screen and not Advance Op > Sim Card
    I figured you miss typed MEDP orginial and check it and its good

Thanks for the help
    You're right I did miss type it...went back and edited but you had already read it.....Glad you got it confirmed!
    06-20-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD