so I received my unlock code from ATT tonight and I was wondering how I now unlock the phone. when I went to Sim options it shows everything as disabled does this mean it was already unlocked? Oh and I already searched and could not find a thread that had step by step on how to unlock.
    06-03-09 08:39 PM
    Didn't they send you instructions with the unlock code???
    06-03-09 08:46 PM
    06-03-09 08:50 PM
    The rep told me that the phone is too new on att and that she could not find the instructions anywhere. She was super nice and kept looking for them but could not find them.
    06-03-09 08:52 PM
    BB 8900 may be too new for ATT, but the phone has been around for a while, almost a year in Europe and about 4 months (since Feb 12) in the USA with T-Mobile.
    06-03-09 09:31 PM
    I got it! My phone is now unlocked!
    06-03-09 09:39 PM
    The rep told me that the phone is too new on att and that she could not find the instructions anywhere. She was super nice and kept looking for them but could not find them.
    LOL!!! Reps are hilarious! (not really )
    06-03-09 09:43 PM
    the best is when i called back and got a different rep she told me that she had to submit a case and that the last code the other rep had given me was a fake. Well it worked! Your right they are funny.
    06-03-09 09:48 PM
    Congrats on your unlocked BlackBerry 8900!

Now its worth another $30 if you were to sell it on ebay. Not like you would ever though, haha.
    06-03-09 11:26 PM
    Now, you will have other questions like updating the OS, downloading applications, battery life time, having trouble to get the SD card out of the device, trackball not moving properly, battery pull out, etc. Feel free to ask your questions, but beware that all of your questions have been asked before in these forums. The forum is a great resource. By the way, one day, you will drop your phone because almost everybody else did. In the case of this unfortunate event, search the forum again. There is information about that too.
    06-04-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD