if you're a tmobile customer, you're actually allowed 1 free unlock code per line you have every six months of service you have with them. so if you haven't used your tmobile unlock yet and it's been at least 6 months, feel free to call the customer service and tell them you're going to europe and need the unlock code. naturally some of the reps will give you a hard time, so hang up and try again if that happens. lol

source: i'm a former tmobile rep. we used to do it all the time for our customers.
    05-29-09 03:29 PM
    if you're a tmobile customer, you're actually allowed 1 free unlock code per line you have every six months of service you have with them. so if you haven't used your tmobile unlock yet and it's been at least 6 months, feel free to call the customer service and tell them you're going to europe and need the unlock code. naturally some of the reps will give you a hard time, so hang up and try again if that happens. lol

source: i'm a former tmobile rep. we used to do it all the time for our customers.
    Thanks for the heads up ... but in all light heartedness most of us already knew that.... for those of you that don't you account has to be good for 90days and paid up through current.
    05-29-09 04:07 PM
    just make sure you ask for the unlock code with time anticipation sometimes they take more than a week to send the email with the isntructions and code
    05-29-09 06:16 PM
    You can only get 1 code per every 6 months? Are you positive on this? I have a Curve 8320 on AT&T through my friend's account (we traded 8800 for 8320) and when I needed it replaced, they had no problem unlocking my replacement Curve and it was only about a month after getting the first Curve unlocked, same line.
    05-29-09 06:19 PM
    that's for tmobile, i'm not sure what at&t's rules are.

lol i figured most of ya would know mjneid, but i figured there may be a few out there that were still in the dark about it all.
    05-30-09 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD