Hi All,

Well, I am new here and kind of new to BlackBerry. I just bought BB-8820. It has got WiFi unlocked, and sim works fine too, except I am not able to use Edge. I live in United Arab Emirates and the carrier is DU. The edge sign shows beside the signal, but when i open the browser, it asks for WiFi connection.
    In the Browser connection setting too, there is only one option, i.e. WiFi.

Is there anyway i can get the edge working? Do i need to get the unlock code for the same? If yes, which service would you guys recommend. I am willing to pay, but I need someone's guidance, and thats why I thought of throwing this to you guys.

Please guys, help me out, it will be much appreciated!

Thanks
    10-19-08 01:46 AM
    Welcome aboard! You're going to love the 8820 once you get it going. I'm sorry I can't help you but there will be people who will follow me that can answer your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 01:52 AM
    You need a BB data plan. If you see edge in lower case lettering, that means you are in an area where there is edge service, but you do not have proper provisioning. If you see edge in all upper case lettering, you have proper provisioning and should be able to access the internet.
    10-19-08 01:56 AM
    Welcome aboard! You're going to love the 8820 once you get it going. I'm sorry I can't help you but there will be people who will follow me that can answer your question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate any kind of help and i know this is a great place to be!
    10-22-08 02:16 AM
    You need a BB data plan. If you see edge in lower case lettering, that means you are in an area where there is edge service, but you do not have proper provisioning. If you see edge in all upper case lettering, you have proper provisioning and should be able to access the internet.
    Thanks for the info sunkast! The person who sold this phone to me, said it was fully unlocked to be used on any carrier. The thing is, when I put the same sim in my iphone, edge works fine, though the carrier does not support iPhone, its not officially launched here.

So i had a doubt whether my BB is properly unlocked or not, and do I have to get the unlock code for the same.

Thanks Again!
    10-22-08 02:18 AM
    Can somebody to the 8820 unlock instructions? I'm on T-Mobile but will travel to Europe and will need to buy a local SIM card.
    10-26-08 02:45 PM
    Greetings,

I contacted T-Mobile regarding the unlock code and got no reply from them. What should I do?
    11-17-08 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD