Hey guys, I brought a 8350i from the US to use with brazilian Nextel. What do I need to do, please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 02:51 PM
    I am not too sure if Iden phones will work. I think gsm phones will work (att, tmo)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 08:31 PM
    Nextel Brazil is iDEN Bailey. I know the phone will work down there as I have a BBM contact from there who uses an 8350i. I can not get ahold of him right now so I can't help out (which is why I hadn't re'd till now). Try calling Nextel Brazil's Customer Service but I am willing to bet you'll at least need to buy a SIM card from them.
    03-23-10 09:25 PM
    oh sorry didnt relise they would have iden networks outside of the country.

but yeah call the brazil nextel support. also

Celular NEXTEL BlackBerry Curve com Bluetooth, GPS e MP3 | Saiba como comprar aparelho Nextel

they seem to offer the phone, so i dont see why you couldnt use the phone on there network.
    03-23-10 09:49 PM
    Yeah there are several Nextel versions in Central and South America and the MIKE network owned by Telus (much like the Sprint/Nextel fiasco) in Canada. There are some 2 dozen around the world in addition to Boost NextelUS SouthernLinc and 4 or 5 others here in the states. Hold on let me find a list.

Here we are Integrated Digital Enhanced Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Each seems to have somethings they handle different so we have to be careful when we give advice on the 8350i or our 'friends' jump our rears...
    03-23-10 10:57 PM
    Yep and the Direct Connect works across the Nextel networks down there. So I can beep beep through to them. Lets see for $10. a month or .20 a minute I can use International DC while in Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru with my US 8350i.

Didn't realize though how many countries Nextel phones (not necessarily the 8350i) can be used in. This is quite a list.
    International Voice Coverage and Rates with a Nextel Device
    03-23-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD