CAN NOT BE DONE. Sorry.

i was speaking to an unlocker and they were saying that with the added security that the iden network has it next to impossible to unlock.

so for all those who are looking to buy an unlocked 8350i for a few $$$ more, dont bother.

also for any mods looking to move this, i would like to keep this here. there are alot of people who in the past had asked about this.
    10-21-09 12:27 PM
    Unless you're trying to put one (on another cdma network) There's no reason to unlock it. If you're trying to use this phone with boost mobile just stick your card in and follow the instructions given in the "how-to" posted sticky....i'm not sure about other networks that use iden tech but as far as boost goes there's nothing to unlock, you just need to change the service books.
    Last edited by Skyydragon; 10-21-09 at 04:15 PM.
    10-21-09 04:12 PM
    allowing the phone to work on Boost is not "unlocking" it. "unlocking" it allows you to use it on the SAME network, just a different carrier. and since Telus and Nextel are different carriers and use the same network, Telus will NOT allow an "unlocked" phone to be used on their network.

this is also just a warning to all who are looking to buy an 8350i "unlocked".... it just cannot be done.
    10-21-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD