Hi, I am a newbie to the site. I am about to get the boost unlimited plan, and i have a 7100i. I would like to know what I need to do in order to get the phone unlocked for Boost?
    07-14-09 02:07 AM
    U don't have to get it unlocked if the 7100 is a nextel phone just put your sim card in also beaware I use to have boost and had a nextel 7100i u cannot text what so ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 03:55 AM
    Ok, thanx. Just wanted to be sure because a friend of mine has boost. i tried putting in her sim into my blackberry and it read sim card error. any thoughts on that?
    07-14-09 11:17 AM
    u can text i have no problem,
    07-24-09 06:55 PM
    its annoying, but I sent mine in to boostberry.com (no, I'm from it, just a fanboy), they get everything working and loaded a bunch of programs to circumvent the downfalls of the BB stuff not working (they even unlocked the GPS which I was prepared to pay $10 a month for), they guarantee it to work for 90 days/till you take the sim card out...if you find pleasure in figuring out stuff yourself by all means, but if your looking for no hassle, check them out
    07-24-09 09:18 PM
    you actually have to have some files changed on it to allow you to have mms texting and browser capabilities on boost 50 unlimited plan. there are plenty of ways to do it. I seen some places on ebay that sell the conversion directions and files to you through email fo you to do it yourseldf and not have to pay anyone. thats what i did and my phone works completely now.
    Why pay someone when the info is accessible for free on several websites? As an example go to howardforums.com, find the Boost section and look at the "BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working" thread in the Sticky area.
    08-27-09 12:17 PM
    Why pay someone when the info is accessible for free on several websites? As an example go to howardforums.com, find the Boost section and look at the "BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working" thread in the Sticky area.

Yep, thats how I got mine to work after a year of pulling my hairs out.
    09-25-09 02:46 PM
    I know, you would like to be able to just throw a boost card in a nextel phone, as you can with most. but your problem is the 7100i may say nextel but it has a RIM card, and is provisioned for the BLACKBERRY internet browser. thats why you have to go thru all the trouble to have NEW service books sent to your phone.
    09-27-09 03:21 PM
    I Need Help Guys I Just Got A &100i And I Downloaded The Blackberry Desktop Manager For A MAC(Cuz Im Running On MAC) And I Plug My Phone In And It Says The connected BlackBerry device is not supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Any Help?
    12-30-09 05:04 PM
    I Need Help Guys I Just Got A &100i And I Downloaded The Blackberry Desktop Manager For A MAC(Cuz Im Running On MAC) And I Plug My Phone In And It Says The connected BlackBerry device is not supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Any Help?
    Did you restart mac?
    12-30-09 05:09 PM
    Same thing on this end, even after restarting the mac. I wonder if the 7100i is too old for this newest desktop manager to support?
    06-07-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD