Hello, I got my BB torch today, its with bell and i unlocked it so it could work with telus, i put my card in, it says telus, i can text and call, but i can't use anything data related such as bbm or the browser, when i go to the settings for apn the bell information is filled in, how do i change that, because i know telus uses sp.telus.com and i want to put it in, but it doesnt save when i type it in..
    01-01-11 11:04 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan with Telus? They now sell the Torch so it should just be a matter of sending service books off their BIS website but ensure you have an active BB data plan first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 11:09 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan with Telus? They now sell the Torch so it should just be a matter of sending service books off their BIS website but ensure you have an active BB data plan first.

does it have to be called a "bb data plan" i have a "data plan" it's like 500mb or something, i was literally using this sim card on my iphone today, how do i this service book thing, or in other words how do i get my data to work?
    01-01-11 11:10 PM
    It has to be a BB data plan. Each carrier has a BIS website. There is a list of them up in the "How To" section as well as instructions on how to send service books.

01-01-11 11:39 PM
    It has to be a BB data plan. Each carrier has a BIS website. There is a list of them up in the "How To" section as well as instructions on how to send service books.

huh i'm not familiar with any of this or these "terms" i was on the blackberry telus site typed in my info and it said i needed to register something on my phone which i did, and it keeps telling me to do it when i already have.. and I have a "data plan" a 500mb data plan, which i've used for android phones, iphones etc.. i'm talking to my mom who works at telus and says my data plan will work? i really need detailed info on how to do this, i'm not familiar with blackberries at all..
    01-01-11 11:46 PM
    huh i'm not familiar with any of this or these "terms" i was on the blackberry telus site typed in my info and it said i needed to register something on my phone which i did, and it keeps telling me to do it when i already have.. and I have a "data plan" a 500mb data plan, which i've used for android phones, iphones etc.. i'm talking to my mom who works at telus and says my data plan will work? i really need detailed info on how to do this, i'm not familiar with blackberries at all..
    In order to get it working right, You'll need a BlackBerry specific data plan, This can be accomplished either via getting Telus to switch you to one, or sometimes it can simply be a matter of having a "provisioning sock" configured, either way, You need to say that you need access to the BlackBerry Internet Service.

According to the Telus website, You should have had your APN settings configured automatically. Since your unfamiliar with how to get this accomplished, You might want to stop into a Telus store and have them help you with it.
    01-01-11 11:58 PM
    Your "data plan" will work somewhat, but you MUST get a "blackberry data" plan for your BB to have full functionality.

The nice thing is that a "BB data plan" will work on other smartphones. It doesn't work the other way around.

Call Telus and have them change your generic data plan to a Blackberry Data Plan.
    01-01-11 11:59 PM
    Your "data plan" will work somewhat, but you MUST get a "blackberry data" plan for your BB to have full functionality.

The nice thing is that a "BB data plan" will work on other smartphones. It doesn't work the other way around.

Call Telus and have them change your generic data plan to a Blackberry Data Plan.
    i'm fimiliar with changing apn, how do i change that on this device.. i'll worry about that plan stuff later, because my mom works at telus and is telling me that it should be fine none the less, especially bbm, considering her plan doesn't have "bbm data" and just regular data and she can use bbm. Can somebody on here tell me how to fix it.. also I can't call telus they are closed, and i know the apn info it's sp.telus.com, how do i put that in, or how do i do the service books.. i just read a thread on here from december 25th, 2010 and people said when they woke up it was automatically updated and the browser and such was working.. mine doesn't though.
    Last edited by blasteryui; 01-02-11 at 12:21 AM.
    01-02-11 12:02 AM
    She is wrong. BBM requires BIS and that is specific to BB so you must have a BB specific data plan. Also for native RIM apps to work like FB, Twitter and YahooIM this is true as well - you need a BB data plan. Once you get BB data plan added to your account, you can login to the Telus BIS website and send the service books.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...elus&locale=en
    Last edited by shansmi; 01-02-11 at 12:50 AM.
    01-02-11 12:46 AM
    She is wrong. BBM requires BIS and that is specific to BB so you must have a BB specific data plan. Also for native RIM apps to work like FB, Twitter and YahooIM this is true as well - you need a BB data plan. Once you get BB data plan added to your account, you can login to the Telus BIS website and send the service books.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...ks-how-115031/

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...elus&locale=en
    I went on the telus bb site and it tells me i have to go to host routing table then register, which i do, but it just keeps saying it.
    01-02-11 12:56 AM
    Perhaps your mom has the IM Social Networking Blackberry plan that does include BBM, but not internet or GPS. As what others have already said, you need to call Telus and have them switch your regular data plan to BIS. There is no way around this.
    01-02-11 01:00 AM
    Perhaps your mom has the IM Social Networking Blackberry plan that does include BBM, but not internet or GPS. As what others have already said, you need to call Telus and have them switch your regular data plan to BIS. There is no way around this.
    okay, is it going to be the same price and such.. i didn't know i needed a special plan
    01-02-11 01:02 AM
    okay, is it going to be the same price and such.. i didn't know i needed a special plan
    I'm not with Telus. But it should be the same price. Rogers have the regular data plan for $25 500meg, BIS is the same price. I'm sure you're not the only person who doesn't know this. We're here to help.
    01-02-11 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD