yes i was wondering about unlockin a blackberry curve one of my friends gave me one and it was on the telus network and i am gonna wanna put it on the sasktel network
    12-31-09 12:43 AM
    The 8330 is a CDMA device. It cannot be unlocked. There is no SIM card.
    12-31-09 01:06 AM
    sorry i meant the storm
    12-31-09 02:19 PM
    If Sasktel has a GSM network, then unlocking will work. But if I remember correctly they are CDMA like Telus is. so you would be out of luck. Unlocking only opens up acces to the GSM system
    01-01-10 10:19 PM
    yes the storm should function just fine on that network.
    01-01-10 10:38 PM
    If Sasktel has a GSM network, then unlocking will work. But if I remember correctly they are CDMA like Telus is. so you would be out of luck. Unlocking only opens up acces to the GSM system

Telus and Bell are both CDMA and HSPA (Sim) so IT WILL work.
    01-01-10 10:39 PM
    The Telus Storm is a primarily CDMA device and will only work with CDMA 3G in North America. It can be unlocked to be used on any other GSM device as it is a world phone that can be used around the world with GSM/HSPA. The catch is that it will not allow for 3G/EDVO unless you are with Telus in North America. So yes technically it can be unlocked to use on any GSM/HSPA network but not as quick as quick as it could be when use with Telus. Also keep in mind that Telus/Bell do not offer a 2G network in Canada, so I'm not sure how the phone would work on those networks. In the past it has been Rogers people that wanted to use the storm on the Rogers network and so they have had it unlocked and it would work on the rogers network with 2G. How it will work on saskatel it's hard to say.
    01-02-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD