If I get my Tour unlocked what will that do for me. I can use other SIM cards? Use on another network? Does it effect the phone in any other way?
    Will Verizon give me an unlock code?
    Thanks
    08-27-09 08:51 AM
    There is a Verizon unlock thread either here or in the Verizon subforum.

It will allow you to use other sim cards including, from what I read, even carriers in the US. I don't know about data, I read conflicting info.

Verizon will unlock for customers over 60 days (not phone ownership apparently, just customers around for more than 60 days - older customers)
    08-27-09 09:46 AM
    Once the phone is unlocked, you will also be able to use it internationally.
    08-27-09 09:50 AM
    Once the phone is unlocked, you will also be able to use it internationally.
    you can already use the phone internationally...its a world phone....

but once you unlock the phone, you can use sim cards from any carrier, international & domestic....and from what i've heard, you'll get EDGE from carriers in the US/NA, and 3G in Europe/Asia....
    08-27-09 10:08 AM
    Thanks everyone, called Verizon and got the phone unlocked, the first rep didn't give me the right information, but when I called back I was guided through the process.
    08-27-09 10:42 AM
    you can already use the phone internationally...its a world phone....

but once you unlock the phone, you can use sim cards from any carrier, international & domestic....and from what i've heard, you'll get EDGE from carriers in the US/NA, and 3G in Europe/Asia....
    I assumed everyone knew what I meant in my post, I gotta stop doing that in forums
    08-27-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD