Is there a program out there that allows you to enter this IEMI # and it gives you a code? Just wondering because alot of people are offering the service so its got to be a pretty easy to do process.....right?
    08-03-09 08:36 PM
    Is there a program out there that allows you to enter this IEMI # and it gives you a code? Just wondering because alot of people are offering the service so its got to be a pretty easy to do process.....right?
    it is an algorithm based code crack i am sure. but searching for one will only get you spyware and viruses.
    08-03-09 10:27 PM
    yeah i just spent the last hour looking and it keeps sending me to torrent sites.....oh well...guess I will just have to break down and call vzw....been trying to get in these free giveaways and contests but I have no luck
    08-03-09 10:50 PM
    Verizon does it for free and it takes 5 minutes.

You could have unlocked 10 Storms by now with all the time you wasted.
    08-03-09 11:48 PM
    What's the best excuse to give Verizon to unlock it? I doubt they'll be willing to do it if I tell them I'm about to cancel my service and go to AT&T

Edit: I'm curious because I just bought one and it should be here tomorrow or so.
    08-03-09 11:58 PM
    What's the best excuse to give Verizon to unlock it? I doubt they'll be willing to do it if I tell them I'm about to cancel my service and go to AT&T

Edit: I'm curious because I just bought one and it should be here tomorrow or so.
    call global support (not regular tech support) > tell them u r going outta the country (ie italy) > tell them u wish to use an outta the country sim card instead > if no luck > call again

Important: Be nice about it!
    08-04-09 12:00 AM
    They will unlock it as long as you have had VZW for a while. I believe 60 days.

I've gotten 3 unlock codes already, on my 4th Storm and it's locked but I'm not going out of the country yet.

But all three time, I got it in less then 3 minutes. And I usually do it before I leave the country. Other then that, no other reason for me to unlock it.
    08-04-09 12:28 AM
    call global support (not regular tech support) > tell them u r going outta the country (ie italy) > tell them u wish to use an outta the country sim card instead > if no luck > call again

Important: Be nice about it!
    What is the phone number for global support?
    08-05-09 09:28 AM
    What is the phone number for global support?
    it should be in ur address book already since its in ur sim card address book automatically
    08-05-09 11:26 AM
    Perfect. Thanks!
    08-05-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD