im thinking about unlocking my storm for future reason..i am still gonna have vzw service but once my contract is up im most likley gonna leave so if i unlock it now and still use vzw would unlocking it effect anything or should i just wait until contract is up and unlock it ??
    03-10-09 10:11 AM
    I keep meaning to call V and have them unlock it... I just never seem to get around to doing it. I'd do it ASAP though if it's something that you're concidering.
    03-10-09 10:13 AM
    can vz really give you the unlock code..and how would i have to ask for it
    03-10-09 10:16 AM
    I called to make sure they had the correct Verizon (Vodaphone) SIM card # on file before I traveled internationally. Then proceeded to ask about unlocking, and they walked me through the process it was easy!

They do send you a disclaimer about being charged from 3rd party SIM cards.
    03-10-09 10:19 AM
    so they void the warranty once they give you the unlock code
    03-10-09 10:24 AM
    Just tell them that, if you have been a good customer they will do it without a doubt.
    03-10-09 10:28 AM
    so they void the warranty once they give you the unlock code
    No just a disclaimer about being changed by the 3rd party SIM card rates. Its out of VZW hands if you use one!
    03-10-09 10:38 AM
    ight cool imma try rite now
    03-10-09 10:57 AM
    ok guys i just called and told them i was goin away for school over seas and they was ready to help me set up my phone they asked for my sim i.d number..but i didnt know that you would have to change your plan to global package...so should i let me them change it over to a global package then once it is unlocked call them back and say for get it i want my domestic package agin some help..
    03-10-09 11:26 AM
    Just tell them that you want to use a local sim card while you are out of the country. No need to change plans.
    I called them yesterday and told them I was going on vacation to France (true) and wanted to use a different carrier while I was there. They gave me the code and walked me through unlocking it.
    FYI, call from a different phone if you want them to walk you through the unlocking process.
    03-10-09 11:39 AM
    ight doc imma give that a try
    03-10-09 12:30 PM
    If for any reason VZ wont give you the unlock code there are people on Ebay that will unlock the phone for you for like 20 bucks i got me an my husbands unlocked for 25 bucks
    03-10-09 02:35 PM
    If you can't get it from them, I suggest a guy on this forum with the username called ngreen, pm him, or email him on mickrg@hotmail.com
    03-10-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD